Sign in to follow this  
deck

New Layout Feedback!

Hi Cafe

I know its work in progress but Im missing the "latest comments" column from the new layout. That was always my main look to see how everyones issues were progressing. i can see its at the bottom with 5 or 6 comments but I reckon they will move through pretty quickly, whereas previously you could get an idea of the last 12-24 hrs which served as a bit of an overview of things and any announcements from mason and various deals etc as well as members C4D issues.

For me it all made sense having the tall comments column along with the latest topics. Sorry to be an old stick in the mud but it seems a bit of a backward step, and less informative.

Im sure its not an easy task pleasing all the people all the time.

Deck

Thats why we have ACTIVITIES, check all activities and there should be everything you need. :)

Its really hard to keep nice layout with two columns so we decide to change that after so many years. I will explain more in my Topic that I will make once layout is completely done.

| MAXON Quality Assurance | 3D Artist | C4D Cafe Manager | Gamer in Heart/PS4 ID: SIgor420 |:compEnjoy:

Not complaining, just wondering ...

With the new layout the webpage only shows content in the center, about 1/3 the width of the browser window. Is this on my end only? Is this some setting I need modify? Or is this some known issue you're working on?

EDIT: removed screenshot

It almost feels like the whole thing went mobile.

Unfortunately some compromises had to be made. Cant be perfect on all devices so when I was testing this width seems to fit best for what we want. Now, we definetly will work more in the future on the theme, this should be basic one for now.

| MAXON Quality Assurance | 3D Artist | C4D Cafe Manager | Gamer in Heart/PS4 ID: SIgor420 |:compEnjoy:

Just now, Greatszalam said:

It almost feels like the whole thing went mobile.

Well, this time we decided to do it this way, becasue in old setup there was a lot of isseus. And this time we want to be more oriented toward member and promote them but in a way that actually will not be pain for your eye. IPS is not perfect but at least we can do some things that are nice and handy.

The same here. ;(

Screenshot 2019-07-29 at 7.21.51 PM.png

I made width wider, but we will try to find better solution. You guys didnt have issues with the old theme regarding width?

1 minute ago, Igor said:

You guys didnt have issues with the old theme regarding width?

No never before.

9 minutes ago, Igor said:

You guys didnt have issues with the old theme regarding width?

Nope. 2 columns always worked well for me on PC, laptop or ipad. But I never tried it on a phone so maybe there were issues there...

I do think I prefer the one column as it used to be, 'latest posts' rather than the latest 5 in each section we have - some sections don't get new posts very often and are taking up quite a lot of screen space... but hey, maybe it will grow on me, and maybe Activities section will be a decent alternative...

But anyway, thanks for all your hard work in updating it...

CBR

When I reduce Firefox to 980px wide, the forum reverts to the old wide view. Above 980px, it goes to new narrow portrait mode. YMMV of course.

I'm only on 1080p - I wonder what the 4K folk think ::):

Folks we are working on it, it is really difficult to setup proper user experience across all platforms and browser combinations. Please tell us what you like and hate the most so we can act on it :)

Free C4D trainings from MAXON professional on our youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/c4dcafe