Sign in to follow this  
hvanderwegen

Blender 2.8 officially released!

No way am I that good! The creator is:

https://m.youtube.com/user/lotsalote

(but who knows, in a few months..........)

On 3/16/2020 at 11:49 AM, BigAl3D said:

I too am impressed with some of the features in Blender and it now sports a much friendlier UI. I've been checking out the new Mantaflow Liquids simulation system and it's very impressive. Does anyone know of a way to get a liquid simulation mesh animation into C4D? If I export as Alembic, I can play the simulation inside C4D, but it's only dots and no mesh.

LiquidTest.jpg

I use X Particles OVDB Mesher

For those of you trying to recreate MoGraph in Blender here is the missing link:

FALLOFFS! Just what I needed. And they act just like Fields too.

Bentraje, Check out the MoGraph which Blue Fox is doing in Blender. wow! If you are Windows based you can download his new nodes.

@teknow

BTW, have you tried rendering in Cycles? Is there a way not to light an object from a specific lamp? Or does this go against the unbiased nature of Cycles?

Here are some workarounds all of which I do not clearly understand!

https://blender.stackexchange.com/questions/132273/make-an-object-exclude-a-light-source-in-cycles

I have made a ton of example files, almost all around Animation Nodes, as a result of the Blue Fox tutorials. Do you have any interest in downloading these?

Thanks! 

Just had a look at the site. Yea, I guess the more reliable route is to set-up another render for light
1) The beauty render
2) The affected object mask render
3)  Another render with only the affected light enabled
4) In the compositing page, deduct #3 with the #1 with #2 mask. 
5) Downside is you can't see it in real time which is a bummer. 

The problem with the light path node, correct me if I'm wrong, it accept any path rather than have a specific object or object list.
For instance, the "Is Diffuse Ray" would actually do the job if it has a next condition such as "Is Diffuse Ray from a Specific camera" or some sort. 
I'm just thinking off the top of my head hahaha

RE: Do you have any interest in downloading these?
I would but I won't be able to check them immediately since I'm in a middle of the project 😞
So it will be for safekeeping or future study. 

BTW, here are also other Blender Resources:
https://blendersushi.blogspot.com/

It's a bit unorganized but it has a lot of useful infos. 

The Blender Node groups in the Facebook group are informative.
They create shader networks that resembles what Unreal or Substance Designer can accomplish. 

Incredible, Blender has Reaction-Diffusion built in! I could only use it via Ready prior. It produces gorgeous organic shapes such as brain coral, fish patterns, or zebra stripes and many, many other examples. I brought the topic up once here a long time ago and there was zero interest but it is a really exciting area of creativity.