Sign in to follow this  
bobc4d

I like the "new" layout

Hi  @Igor, is the Post New Video disabled or something that will be coming in the future?

I just tried it there and getting kind of error?

post video.JPG

Just now, hobbyist said:

Hi  @Igor, is the Post New Video disabled or something that will be coming in the future?

I just tried it there and getting kind of error?

post video.JPG

Its still disabled for the members, becasue we didnt figure out how are we going to handle categorization etc. There is so much to do, but time is limited. But this could be a good time to test this. Lets try it now...give me a moment.

| MAXON Quality Assurance | 3D Artist | C4D Cafe Manager | Gamer in Heart/PS4 ID: SIgor420 |:compEnjoy:

@hobbyist Try now please! :)

| MAXON Quality Assurance | 3D Artist | C4D Cafe Manager | Gamer in Heart/PS4 ID: SIgor420 |:compEnjoy:

21 minutes ago, Igor said:

@hobbyist Try now please! :)

Good stuff Igor. It definitely lets me upload video. Sorry I didn't mean for you to get it working straight away. It was just in case you weren't aware of it.

The video upload limit is 1.9MB which would be good for few seconds clip for sure. Obviously c4dcafe isn't a video streaming site so I fully understand the size limitations ::):

Unfortunately the video I have is just shy of 80MB which is 1 minute long. I'll just link to my Instagram or YouTube page for the longer videos.

1 minute ago, hobbyist said:

The video upload limit is 1.9MB which would be good for few seconds clip for sure. Obviously c4dcafe isn't a video streaming site so I fully understand the size limitations ::):

We need to change this...doenst make sense tbh. Let me see again!

Folks, Cafe is still wip but I hope you all like the idea where we are headed with design and usability. Don't be shy, all input is welcome!

Free C4D trainings from MAXON professional on our youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/c4dcafe

Just a suggestion:
On pages listing the categories, sub-categories or topics. if technically possible could the date and time be added next to the username of the last posted comment?
This would allow to easily see the last activity of a topic.

i'm liking it, but here's one thing i miss: there's no longer timeframes when the latest posts where made. now it's just the username that posted the latest post in a topic, but not when. i found that quite handy and if possible it would be good to have that info back.

Ok folks, Ill see what I can do...

20 minutes ago, everfresh said:

i'm liking it, but here's one thing i miss: there's no longer timeframes when the latest posts where made. now it's just the username that posted the latest post in a topic, but not when. i found that quite handy and if possible it would be good to have that info back.

For that one I will have to contact creator of the plugin.

3 hours ago, C4DS said:

Just a suggestion:
On pages listing the categories, sub-categories or topics. if technically possible could the date and time be added next to the username of the last posted comment?
This would allow to easily see the last activity of a topic.

This should be now sorted out. Unfortunately I had to alter Home Page cuz of that, but I guess not a big deal.

I can see you managed to add date and time to the last post of a category. Thanks.

But I was also referring to topics, as was brought up by @everfresh, but that seems to be managed via a plugin?

Didn't know (and I didn't expect) there was a difference between page types.

1 hour ago, C4DS said:

I can see you managed to add date and time to the last post of a category. Thanks.

But I was also referring to topics, as was brought up by @everfresh, but that seems to be managed via a plugin?

Didn't know (and I didn't expect) there was a difference between page types.

Yes, footer is a plugin so I will have to contact the creator. :)