Sign in to follow this  
bobc4d

I like the "new" layout

In the latest comments section it would be good to have the name of the person who posted the latest comment.

Personally i would have the list a bit longer too.

Deck

1 hour ago, Igor said:

Yes, footer is a plugin so I will have to contact the creator. :)

but we're not talking about the footer. ;)

but i just noticed you fixed it already... thanks, much more user friendly now :)

11 minutes ago, deck said:

In the latest comments section it would be good to have the name of the person who posted the latest comment.

Personally i would have the list a bit longer too.

Deck

Like I said, we are working on it. " :) If I add, more then the link on the left will have a lot of free space, so thats why we decided to go this way.

| MAXON Quality Assurance | 3D Artist | C4D Cafe Manager | Gamer in Heart/PS4 ID: SIgor420 |:compEnjoy:

Just now, everfresh said:

but we're not talking about the footer. ;)

Then what, upload a screenshot! 

| MAXON Quality Assurance | 3D Artist | C4D Cafe Manager | Gamer in Heart/PS4 ID: SIgor420 |:compEnjoy:

1 minute ago, Igor said:

you already fixed it, all good :)

2 minutes ago, everfresh said:

you already fixed it, all good :)

Ah ok then, but people also talking about footer so I guess I got confused for a bit!

4 hours ago, Igor said:

This is what I meant. The topics in categories of the main page have a date and time, as I suggested, which is fine (thank you for that). But when you select a particular category, the topics on that page do not have the date and time ... which I found odd, and understood from you to be related to some plugin. But now you mention the plugin to be footer related. So, I guess we mixed things up ... hence the screenshot included.

DateTime.thumb.png.792412728e02577ef6c56e298b56ac36.png

Now that we're talking about the forum some more ... I know I already asked this in the past, but with the advancement in technology and new features finding it's way in the forum software (hopefully) ... would there be a way to save private messages to file? I 'd like to clean up my inbox, as it gets rather crowded, but it contains quite important info which I can not simply delete.

Copying messages one by one is rather tedious.

On 8/3/2019 at 9:57 AM, Igor said:

What exactly is tyeface? I have three different monitors, from retina to high dpi and I don't have any issues with them so I am not sure what are you taking about. If I had more time, more free time I would create another theme but it's simply to much time consuming. I  can enable default IPS theme which is white but I cannot promise it will look good because we simply don't have time maintaining site. Another thing is...I am not doing this by myself, meaning while I am doing changes I ask for feedback but it's obvious that we cannot please all tastes so I am sorry if you think it sucks. If you want, make theme for yourself and I will upload it for you. 

Thank you, I basically put all my vacation days into it. I am glad someone is liking it...I spent to much time on it. 

sorry, didn't want to sound harsh with my critique. probably it is OK on smaller screens and in any case it's always subjected to the single persons preferences and probably my eyes are getting older as well. it is looking good, but not always latest trends in web design are good for our eyes... ;-)

but i can deal with it by magnifying c4d cafe site in my browser.

as for ultrathin typfaces see here

https://www.google.com/search?q=typeface+ultrathin

enabling default theme would be a nice try maybe!

cheers markus

Ok folks, understood...I'll deal with all of that tomorrow. And Markus, no worries all good. I'll enable default theme for you, but can't promise  anything else in regard of different theme.

They are very hard to handle and after the updates we often need to fix things which is not fun at all. Especially with limited time. 

Hi Igor

This latest topics next to latest comments just seems to be a repeat of the main topics list at the top, I think this space would be better used with more latest comments, with the name and time of latest post rather than original post date and time.

I am moaning a bit but I do appreciate all your efforts and how difficult a task it must be, both building a new site and having tons of members telling you how to do it :)

Deck

Screen Shot 2019-08-07 at 07.51.01.png