• “Great art picks up where nature ends.”  Marc Chagall 

Sign in to follow this  
bobc4d

I like the "new" layout

even though I don't stop by as much as I used to I like the new look of the Cafe. it looks clean, crisp and uptown. well done. 

I don't have a dirty mind because I use Mental Floss.

can we control somewhere the typographic design? in my opinion, the new layout is absolutely terrible from an ergonomic point of view. reading this on a large monitor is just a pain. much too thin letters and too dark background. please provide a black type on white background version or at least a switch to go back to previous version or to set a larger tyeface, not "thin" or "ultrathin".

What exactly is tyeface? I have three different monitors, from retina to high dpi and I don't have any issues with them so I am not sure what are you taking about. If I had more time, more free time I would create another theme but it's simply to much time consuming. I  can enable default IPS theme which is white but I cannot promise it will look good because we simply don't have time maintaining site. Another thing is...I am not doing this by myself, meaning while I am doing changes I ask for feedback but it's obvious that we cannot please all tastes so I am sorry if you think it sucks. If you want, make theme for yourself and I will upload it for you. 

5 hours ago, bobc4d said:

even though I don't stop by as much as I used to I like the new look of the Cafe. it looks clean, crisp and uptown. well done. 

Thank you, I basically put all my vacation days into it. I am glad someone is liking it...I spent to much time on it. 

| MAXON Quality Assurance | 3D Artist | C4D Cafe Manager | Gamer in Heart/PS4 ID: SIgor420 |:compEnjoy:

P.S. We still working on it, so any suggestions are still more than welcome.

| MAXON Quality Assurance | 3D Artist | C4D Cafe Manager | Gamer in Heart/PS4 ID: SIgor420 |:compEnjoy:

2 hours ago, Igor said:

P.S. We still working on it, so any suggestions are still more than welcome.

I'm liking the site update very much Igor. Fair play for the work yourself and others put into it :smiley-gen053:

It took me a while to notice the "highlighted art" was actually art from users. I was assuming it was a massive advert banner until took time to look at it :compGeek:

Is that art from users uploading on the top menu Create > Gallery Image? I didn't notice that before but it was probably always there? Is there an upload limit to that? 

2 hours ago, Igor said:

so any suggestions are still more than welcome.

I DONT LIKE ALL THE CAPITAL LETTERS. OR THE UPDATED LOGO. BUT EVERYTHING ELSE LOOKS GREAT!

1 hour ago, hobbyist said:

I'm liking the site update very much Igor. Fair play for the work yourself and others put into it :smiley-gen053:

It took me a while to notice the "highlighted art" was actually art from users. I was assuming it was a massive advert banner until took time to look at it :compGeek:

Is that art from users uploading on the top menu Create > Gallery Image? I didn't notice that before but it was probably always there? Is there an upload limit to that? 

Thanks guys for the comments, we really want to transform C4D Cafe expirience to be more forward members. We will promote you and your work, so now we have a big home gallery which feeditself from Cafe Gallery, more specific, from members albums, but this time we will try to organize everything to be more clear to you and to us in backend. It will take a while, few more days maybe, but end result will be hopefully great for everyone.

And new logo is also created by @everfresh, so if you guys have nay suggestions what could be better, let him know, I am sure he will listen! :)

Sounds awesome! I just came across everfresh's cartoon shading tutorial yesterday. His works are super inspiring! 

Exciting times ahead!

5 hours ago, hobbyist said:

Sounds awesome! I just came across everfresh's cartoon shading tutorial yesterday. His works are super inspiring! 

Exciting times ahead!

thanks man, much appreciated. :)

Great job Igor, currently looks fresh and clear.

...and names are back instead of random color circles with capitals inside... that was horrible...

(btw, when use arrows left/right on keyboard while editing message, with every pressed key is banner on the bottom refreshed, it´s a bit crazy for my eyes)

I too think the updated forum looks nice. I won't be here much, but good job. ::):