Sign in to follow this  
pfistar

Controlling speed on ThinkingParticles

Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out how I might set up a particle emitter system using TP so that EACH particle that is birthed from a sphere moves at high speed at first  and then slows down the farther it travels from its source, at which point a wind or gravity force carries it off in new linear direction. I was playing around with the Texture & Light parameters in the PMatterWaves node, along with some forces nodes (Gravity, Wind, etc) but not really getting the results I'm after.

Another potential solution I figure might work would be some kind of setup based on each particles' distance traveled, where a particle can only be affected by an extraneous force after it has traveled past a distance threshold, though I don't know how to set this up either.

Link here to a downloadable file where I'm trying  number of different things (but again, not quite getting the results I'm after.) Hoping someone can lend some insight.

Many thanks!

NpF

There is velocity node you could use, however, maybe what you are after is easier to do with MoGraph. Do you have R20?

Free C4D trainings from MAXON professional on our youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/c4dcafe

• Topic Author
  • Hi Hrvoje

Thanks very much for the response. I do not have r20, unfortunately, though I managed to get the general effect I was after with a simple ParticleAge node , and the right decay setting on a Gravity node.

I'd be curious about a MoGraph solution, however. But it sounds like you might be saying that the function I'd be after is in r20 only?

Thank you again!

Nik

With R21 even more easier with new field force, however here is a small example. Must admit I am quite rusty with TP :)

TP_change.c4d

Free C4D trainings from MAXON professional on our youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/c4dcafe

• Topic Author
  • Thanks for this. I'll be sure to give it a try as soon as I get into r21.

:smiley-eatdrink004: