Jump to content

Cinema4D R21 features


Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, Nio said:

Well...I read all this, eating popcorn (of course just kiddin')... I think this is the way all the industry is heading not that groundbreaking updates...see Nuke - not that new stuff, you have to pay for maintenance...bug fixing...Autodesk's products....also not that much happening. Maybe the only 3D program with a lot of happening is Blender, it has some new energy. I think Cinema also need some new energy...

 

worth mentioning houdini is also adding new cool stuff constantly and on top of that they offer very affordable indie licenses.

Link to post

Yes, I forgot to mention Houdini. Looks great...but I am not sure about artists' perspective when you need to create fast stuff...I am also tired of constantly learning new software...to learn the same thing for example in Blender.

Link to post

C4D is artist friendly if you don't hit its limitations. Houdini is harder to learn, but I find for me, it generates better artistic output, as it has water, fire, limitless ability to control fine tuning of a model, and an awesome rendering engine.

Link to post

So is MAXON not going to release any more videos/information on R21?  My MSA ends in August.  Their treatment and lack of any reasonable deal for MSA studio users to move to subscription along with no new xpresso is making this a real tough decision on whether to renew my MSA or not. 

 

It would be great to get some more information on the node API and all the new SDK stuff for example.

Link to post
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/9/2019 at 3:13 PM, Nio said:

Autodesk's products....also not that much happening. Maybe the only 3D program with a lot of happening is Blender, it has some new energy. I think Cinema also need some new energy...

 

You are not really paying attention to Autodesk's products, are you? The new Bifrost Visual Programming language is definitely not something to be classified as "not that much happening". It's basically Softimage ICE + Xpresso for Maya. And it was released in and a point update of Maya!

 

When was the last time we had an update with a new feature this big in Cinema 4D? I'd say only in R14 with the sculpting tools.

Link to post
On 8/13/2019 at 2:26 PM, stoecklem said:

So is MAXON not going to release any more videos/information on R21?  My MSA ends in August.  Their treatment and lack of any reasonable deal for MSA studio users to move to subscription along with no new xpresso is making this a real tough decision on whether to renew my MSA or not. 

 

It would be great to get some more information on the node API and all the new SDK stuff for example.

As far as I know you can not renew your MSA anymore.

you either have to go subscription with 20% bonus for your running MSA (and loose your perpetual license) or without bonus (doesn't make sense as you have R21), or you wait till next year without MSA and update perpetual for expected 850€ excl. VAT.

 

best regards

Jops

Link to post
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/30/2019 at 5:47 PM, hikarubr said:

You are not really paying attention to Autodesk's products, are you? The new Bifrost Visual Programming language is definitely not something to be classified as "not that much happening". It's basically Softimage ICE + Xpresso for Maya. And it was released in and a point update of Maya!

 

When was the last time we had an update with a new feature this big in Cinema 4D? I'd say only in R14 with the sculpting tools.

Hopefully never, Bifrost Visual Programming is full of bugs and painfully slow, have you actually use it? I even have trouble finding a tutorial youtube video without "my pc crashed so I paused the video"... 

Link to post
1 hour ago, mlon said:

Whats up with the Project Asset Inspector?

Does it even work??

My textures are there in the Material editor but no show in the Project Asset Inspector...

 

mlon

Did you report it, I doubt it doesnt work just becasue lame programing. Its worth of reporting so we can investigate!

U-Render Quality Assurance | C4D Cafe Contributions

Link to post
  • Igor unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

ABOUT US

We are dedicated Cinema 4D Community of friendly and passionate artists, hobbyists and developers. Feel free to join us and share your knowledge, your art and anything that might help Community to grow. We are providing guidance, free plugins and files, feedback, sponsorships and various discounts for our Contributors. :cowboypistol:

SUPPORT

Tickets

Purchases

×
×
  • Create New...

Copyright C4D Cafe © 2020 Powered by Invision Community