Sign in to follow this  
bezo

Cinema4D R21 features

17 minutes ago, Nio said:

Well...I read all this, eating popcorn (of course just kiddin')... I think this is the way all the industry is heading not that groundbreaking updates...see Nuke - not that new stuff, you have to pay for maintenance...bug fixing...Autodesk's products....also not that much happening. Maybe the only 3D program with a lot of happening is Blender, it has some new energy. I think Cinema also need some new energy...

worth mentioning houdini is also adding new cool stuff constantly and on top of that they offer very affordable indie licenses.

Yes, I forgot to mention Houdini. Looks great...but I am not sure about artists' perspective when you need to create fast stuff...I am also tired of constantly learning new software...to learn the same thing for example in Blender.

no doubt c4d is more artist friendly.

C4D is artist friendly if you don't hit its limitations. Houdini is harder to learn, but I find for me, it generates better artistic output, as it has water, fire, limitless ability to control fine tuning of a model, and an awesome rendering engine.

So is MAXON not going to release any more videos/information on R21?  My MSA ends in August.  Their treatment and lack of any reasonable deal for MSA studio users to move to subscription along with no new xpresso is making this a real tough decision on whether to renew my MSA or not. 

It would be great to get some more information on the node API and all the new SDK stuff for example.

I still haven't had a chance to try R21 yet, but if the auto weighting algorithm for character rigging is as improved as people are suggesting, then that's worth the price of admission for me on its own. Looking forward to playing with it in September.

• Topic Author
  • GSG in action with R21 finally