Sign in to follow this  
bezo

Cinema4D R21 features

On 12/27/2019 at 12:20 PM, MauricioPC said:

Oh yes ... that's the same. A $250/year software with BiFrost versus a $1k/year software + a bridge to a $300/year software, which in nature is already more complicated than the other two software. It's the same thing. 🙂

If you live in europe the indie version is not available, even in the US the limitations are rather strict so it is much more of a marketing gimmik than an actual product. Given the frequency with wich the offer is quoted unquestioned on Cinema 4D forums Autodesk marketing has done a superb job at very little cost.

The thing srek, when 3D for the World was announced I posted on the thread here that I was excited to get back into cinema finally. I can definitely pay £59/month. But then I realised that it was up front. I can’t justify £720 in one go. I could save for a year and then pay, but why wait?

£250 is a lot easier to justify and it is available here in the UK. Now I might not trust Autodesk to keep this offer around, but honestly? I don’t know if I trust MAXON that much as well ... which is why I have a good friend willing to sell me his R20 (he moved to Blender) and I’m unsure of buying giving the company is still unable to say what will happen with perpetual. 

Pinin: hey man, not sure if your comment was for me, but I’ve found from the video that BiFrost is quite simple to use, similar to XParticles. 

tbh fluid sims is the least important thing for me i need c4d to do natively, it's at the very bottom of my wish list. it's quite a special task and there's xp, realflow, houdini, blender and so on for that.

The comment regarding Bifrost was not obviously to you Mauricio, read it again - there is a"but" . I was criticizing the opinion that having a simulation tool inside the application was almost as  comparable of employing Houdini.