Sign in to follow this  
Igor

Redshift & C4D Nodes (tease, no video)

Hey folks, in case you missed it, seems that RS folks working very hard on having C4D Nodes working with RS! :cowboypistol:

| MAXON Quality Assurance | 3D Artist | C4D Cafe Manager | Gamer in Heart/PS4 ID: SIgor420 |:compEnjoy:

Same here! Excited for it. 

By any chance, are they also offering subscription to perpetual users? Its currently bundled. Can it be separated like $20 a month or so?

• Topic Author
  • 2 minutes ago, bentraje said:

Same here! Excited for it. 

By any chance, are they also offering subscription to perpetual users? Its currently bundled. Can it be separated like $20 a month or so?

I really have no idea, but that would be great for sure...

| MAXON Quality Assurance | 3D Artist | C4D Cafe Manager | Gamer in Heart/PS4 ID: SIgor420 |:compEnjoy:

^Hopefully that's on the works. I intend to still remain a perpetual user (i.e. not converting to subscription) for probably next 3 years. I need to amortize over the fixed amount I spent with the perpetual.

• Topic Author
  • 3 minutes ago, bentraje said:

^Hopefully that's on the works. I intend to still remain a perpetual user (i.e. not converting to subscription) for probably next 3 years. I need to amortize over the fixed amount I spent with the perpetual.

Then, make sure you dont try demo, it might stick to you and it will be hard to give up and stay on R20, especially if you are using 4k monitors or retina! :)

Oh, I still have MSA extending to R21 :) 

I guess one of features I like is "one global shop for MAXON". This means I don't have to go through re sellers. I almost did not buy C4D because on top of the SRP I have to pay the Paypal fee for the transaction since the reseller does not have an online shop nor resides in my country. 

That paypal fee really hurt.

• Topic Author
  • Just now, bentraje said:

Oh, I still have MSA extending to R21 :) 

I guess one of features I like is "one global shop for MAXON". This means I don't have to go through re sellers. I almost did not buy C4D because on top of the SRP I have to pay the Paypal fee for the transaction since the reseller does not have an online shop nor resides in my country. 

That paypal fee really hurt.

That is definetly a move in good direction. Method Maxon used before, makes no sense. But trust me, while there are no big features like you guys like to say, C4D is better on every front pretty much. List of minor improvements is impressive. If you ask me, thats needed to be done...I am gald it did...but I also understand the other side, so I really need to say neutral on this matter. For me its a great release...

Definitely. 
    I'm not really a sucker for features that much though since I already got what I need. For UV, I just use Blender as a "plug-in" even before 2.8 came out. 

I really don't get the qualms. I mean a Blender user can use Blender. A C4D user can use both C4D and Blender. So, its basically a win-win. 

P.S. Not related but I can no longer "heart" a post. Is this a permanent forum feature?

the thing that really gets me about R21 is that they still weren't able to modernize and give xpresso the new nodes. There is a big disconnect.  One of the great things about Redshift using the xpresso editor is it's seamless compatibility with xpresso and all parameters in C4D.  So without xpresso update, Redshifts new nodes will be losing a whole lot of functionality.

• Topic Author
  • 8 minutes ago, bentraje said:

P.S. Not related but I can no longer "heart" a post. Is this a permanent forum feature?

Hmmm, thats strange, can you show me the image where you cant heart me? This could be that for us admins rating system is off, so maybe thats the case.

4 minutes ago, stoecklem said:

the thing that really gets me about R21 is that they still weren't able to modernize and give xpresso the new nodes. There is a big disconnect.  One of the great things about Redshift using the xpresso editor is it's seamless compatibility with xpresso and all parameters in C4D.  So without xpresso update, Redshifts new nodes will be losing a whole lot of functionality.

I know, hopefully we will see something in the future. ;)

There any chance that this move to subscription model could see an increase in feature releases rather than LOOOONG annual ones...I'm not sure why yearly updates make sense in this day and age (See Substance software and how frequent their updates are) 

It's like you wait over a year to hear what they've been working on and then if they haven't touched what you hoped they would it leaves you frustrated knowing you have another year to hope they focus on it (Usually same again happens) Xpresso is so powerful and was a genius feature but it's just been left.