• “Great art picks up where nature ends.”  Marc Chagall 

Sign in to follow this  
bnine

Object disappears when emptying cache

Hey guys. I hope this is the right place to post this because I couldn't figure out where. It's been a while since I've been here, has the forums changed? 

I have a really annoying problem. My object disappears (changes to box) when changing the settings in the a spline dynamics cache. I don't know why, it's been working fine lately until now. 

Was going to put up images of whats happening but I figured a video would be better.
Here you go: https://streamable.com/d4gic

Also, Octane crashes if I try to run it AFTER emptying the cache. It does NOT crash when just using the initial scene.

What I have tried so far: 
- Updating c4d
- Emptying cache one by one.
- Enable/disable Open GL in preferences
- Deleting prefs folder (got a backup)
- Restart c4d and pc
- Copy files from .c4d file to a new .c4d file. 

Thanks everyone! 

• Topic Author
  • Solved. 

For some reason, my dynamics tags was messing it up. I basically reset the scene (frame 0), deleted the spline dynamics tags and created new ones. Changed the settings of the new ones to match the old ones and play. That's it. I can now cache the scene, empty the cache and reset. Was this some kind of bug or did I miss a step or two?