• “Great art picks up where nature ends.”  Marc Chagall 

Sign in to follow this  
Sobirjon Ismatullaev

RIGGING CHINESE DRAGON

Hey, thanks for sharing. Why not talking trough whole tutorial I think it would be much better? :) 

| MAXON Quality Assurance | 3D Artist | C4D Cafe Manager | Gamer in Heart/PS4 ID: SIgor420 |:compEnjoy:

• Topic Author
  • 2 hours ago, Igor said:

Hey, thanks for sharing. Why not talking trough whole tutorial I think it would be much better? :) 

Yes, that would be better, but I usually record videos when I'm in the studio (at work) :lol: i always try to record my workflows =)

I'm sorry for any inconvenience.

Hey, no worries, I just had a suggestion how you could improve the video. We love all sorts of resource for learning, so feel free to keep them coming! ;)

| MAXON Quality Assurance | 3D Artist | C4D Cafe Manager | Gamer in Heart/PS4 ID: SIgor420 |:compEnjoy:

• Topic Author
  • 2 minutes ago, Igor said:

Hey, no worries, I just had a suggestion how you could improve the video. We love all sorts of resource for learning, so feel free to keep them coming! ;)

Thank you so much for support! ::):

1 minute ago, Sobirjon Ismatullaev said:

Thank you so much for support! ::):

Well, if you ever want to be more serious, then we will promote you as much as possible. You can see the tutorial section of the forum in the main menu...we plan to have all good stuff there from member who wants to do something for the community, on top of all Hrvoje's tutorials. :)

• Topic Author
  • 6 minutes ago, Igor said:

Well, if you ever want to be more serious, then we will promote you as much as possible. You can see the tutorial section of the forum in the main menu...we plan to have all good stuff there from member who wants to do something for the community, on top of all Hrvoje's tutorials. :)

It would be awesome! ::):

Please forgive the following, which is not intended as a personal attack, but more of a general caution...

I haven't looked at the rigging one yet, but as a modelling tutor myself I did the see the first part to this, and was worried by some of the techniques and mistakes going on in it. Ngons and triangles were both allowed with no explanation for why that might be bad modelling practice, and your order of operation was wrong throughout it, given that you had SDS under Symmetry for most of it, which is technically incorrect and might lead to various problems with people trying to follow it. Whilst I would ordinarily encourage modelling tutorials of all levels, I find it hard to condone or promote the ones that give wrong or incomplete information.

I say this to be helpful rather than critical, but what we don't need is modelling tutorials showing people the wrong way to do stuff - there are more than enough of those as it is ! :/

But again, thank you for putting in the effort to make these, which I know is not insignificant, and for sharing, but perhaps lay off the modelling tuts until you are expert enough in that field to be able to correctly teach it in videos such as these...

CBR

Yea, listen to Jay, he really means it...and definetly this is not a personal attack, he just want see you improve! ;)

• Topic Author
  • 18 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Please forgive the following, which is not intended as a personal attack, but more of a general caution...

I haven't looked at the rigging one yet, but as a modelling tutor myself I did the see the first part to this, and was worried by some of the techniques and mistakes going on in it. Ngons and triangles were both allowed with no explanation for why that might be bad modelling practice, and your order of operation was wrong throughout it, given that you had SDS under Symmetry for most of it, which is technically incorrect and might lead to various problems with people trying to follow it. Whilst I would ordinarily encourage modelling tutorials of all levels, I find it hard to condone or promote the ones that give wrong or incomplete information.

I say this to be helpful rather than critical, but what we don't need is modelling tutorials showing people the wrong way to do stuff - there are more than enough of those as it is ! :/

But again, thank you for putting in the effort to make these, which I know is not insignificant, and for sharing, but perhaps lay off the modelling tuts until you are expert enough in that field to be able to correctly teach it in videos such as these...

CBR

Thank you for your feedback, I really appreciate it. I will definitely follow your advice.

• Topic Author
  • 4 minutes ago, Igor said:

Yea, listen to Jay, he really means it...and definetly this is not a personal attack, he just want see you improve! ;)

he is absolutely 100% right =)