• “Great art picks up where nature ends.”  Marc Chagall 

Sign in to follow this  
Spencer Fanuka

Restoring Overwritten file

Hey yall,

So I accidentally saved a file over another file that ended up reverting hours of work. Is there anyway to get my old file back? I have tried to go into my autosave files, but can't seem to open any of them because they are in a weird file format.

Thanks,

Spencer

backup error c4d.png

Try right click on file, rename, delete everything starting from @... now when you only have.c4d file, you should be able to open it.

| MAXON Quality Assurance | 3D Artist | C4D Cafe Manager | Gamer in Heart/PS4 ID: SIgor420 |:compEnjoy:

@Spencer Fanuka Why have you posted all your posts today in the Introductions section ?

CBR

• Topic Author
  • 11 hours ago, Cerbera said:

@Spencer Fanuka Why have you posted all your posts today in the Introductions section ?

CBR

Sorry, when I go to create a new topic, New Users and beginners does not show up. 

3 minutes ago, Spencer Fanuka said:

Sorry, when I go to create a new topic, New Users and beginners does not show up. 

Yes we removed that because people were dumping everything in there instead of thinking about where it should go !

Please use the new Category system, which has a correct place for everything. In the case of this post, that would be Misc Questions. In the case of your other one, it was Plugins.

Cheers

CBR

• Topic Author
  • 2 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Yes we removed that because people were dumping everything in there instead of thinking about where it should go !

Please use the new Category system, which has a correct place for everything.

Cheers

CBR

Ok. Guess that would include me haha. Thanks for the clarification. 

16 hours ago, Cerbera said:

Please use the new Category system, which has a correct place for everything. In the case of this post, that would be Misc Questions. In the case of your other one, it was Plugins.

Perhaps 65 forums for a single application is a bit overkill? All you'll end up with is a dozen forums with zero posts,~50 dead forums with "last post 5th august 2014" and the useful content split up 10 ways, giving the impression that nobody posts here often.

Matthew O'Neill - 3D Fluff - www.3dfluff.com

If you didnt notice, we made an overhoul of old system. Much changed in 15y so it was time to categorize propely things. That makes our life easier when we try to make some order here.

| MAXON Quality Assurance | 3D Artist | C4D Cafe Manager | Gamer in Heart/PS4 ID: SIgor420 |:compEnjoy:

37 minutes ago, imashination said:

Perhaps 65 forums for a single application is a bit overkill? All you'll end up with is a dozen forums with zero posts,~50 dead forums with "last post 5th august 2014" and the useful content split up 10 ways, giving the impression that nobody posts here often.

Thank you for the feedback,  and I do see your point...

There is still a little duplication left to eradicate (plugins being in more than 1 category etc) and some of our forums are not directly about areas of Cinema (lounge etc), so it's not 65 categories in quite the way you describe. But yes, Cinema is a vast application, and even generalising where we could it is hard to find categories that we could omit without leaving gaps, and questions with nowhere sensible to go. When we add in all the Render engines, the plugins, the auxiliary apps that people rely on and want to talk about, all the coding and extension stuff, then we are up to 65 cats & sub-cats in no time at all ! Yes, some are empty at the moment, but I don't think that will remain the case in the longer term, and we would hope that the subcategory structure of those makes it a good deal easier than ever before to find posts in your current area of interest.

CBR