Sign in to follow this  
Eliel Souza

THINKING PARTICLES AS ALEMBIC IS LOCKED

Hello guys! 

I've simulated particles using RF for C4D, and converted them to TP. After that , I stitched the simulation to ABC file (alembic) to using in another C4D project. (using stitcher tool in RFC4D Menu).

So, when a Merge in the TP .abc file , I can't move around or even rotate the abc object inside the project. Is freezed all the coordinates's parameters. Is freezed to the original position from the project that I simulated the TP.

Is there some solution that breaks this freezing to allows me to moving around normally the abc file?

Thank you.

I am not 100% sure, but I think alembic is supose to work like that. If I am not wrong you cannot edit files once imported from Alembic, it serves just like a container/catch for already made animation.

Check some more info about it here:

https://help.maxon.net/us/#50804?highlight=alembic

| MAXON Quality Assurance | 3D Artist | C4D Cafe Manager | Gamer in Heart/PS4 ID: SIgor420 |:compEnjoy:

• Topic Author
  • On 8/14/2019 at 11:30 AM, Igor said:

I am not 100% sure, but I think alembic is supose to work like that. If I am not wrong you cannot edit files once imported from Alembic, it serves just like a container/catch for already made animation.

Check some more info about it here:

https://help.MAXON.net/us/#50804?highlight=alembic

You're right, that's no possible moving, but there is exceptions. I'd read the link that you dropped here, and takes me to this c4d's tip in the article:

Update PSR

This option defines if the position, scale and rotation information from the animation in the Alembic file should be transferred to the corresponding object. This option will only be made available if the object has a PSR animation. If this option is disabled, the current animation state will be frozen. It can, for example, be animated briefly in Cinema 4D. However, if this option is then enabled, the Alembic file will define the object’s animation.

Update Geometry

This option defines if the geometry animation in the Alembic file (in Alembic files, an object’s vertices can be changed in number and position at any time, which in turn affects corresponding tags such as UVW, Normal, Selection, etc.) should be transferred to the corresponding object in Cinema 4D. If this option is disabled, the current animation state will be frozen. As soon as the option is enabled again, the Alembic file will define the animation.

In the abc object, goes to the alembic tab, and enable the option Update PSR, when is enabled is possible to change the scale, rotation, and position very slightly, because depends on how os animated your abc file. For example:

I animated a cube rotating in your own axis, so I did a abc from them.

I imported the abc to new project, and enabled the Update PSR, to change the scale and position. Worked fine!

But if I try to change the rotation, it start to bug, and create conflict with the original rotation that was animated.

So, I just can make changes using Update PSR in no animated parameters.

Ok, it's no enough,  but is some thing. 😁 

Actually, is my first workflow that I've got with abc file, I hope to learning more to work better with those files later!