Sign in to follow this  
kbar

Twitter R20 or R21 poll

This poll might not list all the quitters.

In germany for example all the MSAs are running from January to December. therefor they all get the R21.

If they want to quit they will do it after the R21.

• Topic Author
  • 50 minutes ago, Jops said:

This poll might not list all the quitters.

In germany for example all the MSAs are running from January to December. therefor they all get the R21.

I didn’t know that. I always thought the MSA just started from whenever you bought it. For me that was May. 

1 hour ago, kbar said:

I didn’t know that. I always thought the MSA just started from whenever you bought it. For me that was May. 

my msa always renews in september, and i am german. 

That statistic has two down points.

1. Its only C4D, no other software.

2. Companies are not in the list, so they are the major owner of licenses.

I see the scepsis affect a lot people way over all applications. There are hypes and there are the negativity over subscription. Most Maya users I know get into very bad mood over updates, but then they pay on anyway. Do anyone like that V-Ray is subscription? I guess not more then 5%, but still they pay.

So if 64% don't want to upgrade, then they truly hope to change something, before they upgrade. Its all about the money and as long as your job is running things are ok. I just think for freelancers times getting way harder, but that also reflect the overall economic crisis that just started. 

Keep in mind, that companies like Autodesk and MAXON lost a lot money, because more and more production went into countries with little to no respect for software costs. I know huge companies in India that have 100 artist doing post production in Nuke and the whole company own exactly 1 License. They think that's fair, as they live in a poor country. So when you start to learn Blender, know that your competitor in South Asia, owns what ever software, incl. all plugin and resource for free. You can't win here.

In the end we can only live in markets where the artist is a high talent single and here the motion artist, is really ahead. So, I'm back in R21 now.