• “Great art picks up where nature ends.”  Marc Chagall 

Sign in to follow this  
bentraje

Front page takes time to load

The front page of the forum takes a ludicrous amount of time to load. I mean it loads but the progress bar is still spinning indefinitely. On the other hand, I have no problem opening several tabs of forum posts. 

By any chance, is the front page, downloading the "latest art uploads" in its full size? (i.e. not as a thumbnail)

I have the same issue. I think it might be downloading some huge images every time perhaps? That big top image always seems to be the last thing to appear. Doesn’t seem like anything is caching at all. Really bad performance on my iPhoneX.

Viewing the forum on my galaxy s10 +, no problems loading the page for me, loads instantly, same for the laptop

The large image that we're being forced to download is 1.25mb in size. This could be greatly reduced in file size. The Ranch video ad is a whopping 3.1mb in size.

BTW the file / download system needs a tidy up. There's old tutorials of mine still still loaded up but when I click on the image to go to the page its on I get an error message. e.g. The R12 Dynamics video that's in the highest rated downloads.

On top of being slow it's changing height. So when I get on the landing page and scroll fast to the content, topics titles I'm reading are brought lower and I have to scroll again. It's mildly infuriating.