Sign in to follow this  
JLeaburn

C4D R20 Studio and Xparticles for Sale

I've decided to sell my R20 Studio and XParticles so drop me a line if you are interested.  UK/Europe license.

XParticles maintenance runs until 5th of December. I'll cover transfer fee.

So you are leaving to? 😞

| MAXON Quality Assurance | 3D Artist | C4D Cafe Manager | Gamer in Heart/PS4 ID: SIgor420 |:compEnjoy:

50 minutes ago, Igor said:

So you are leaving to? 😞

Or maybe he is going to reinvest his money in R-21 subscriptions. 😁

On 8/20/2019 at 10:33 AM, digitvisions said:

Or maybe he is going to reinvest his money in R-21 subscriptions. 😁

Then why sell X-particles?

On 8/20/2019 at 9:40 AM, Igor said:

So you are leaving to? 😞

So is this becoming more common?   

If so, are you letting MAXON know?

I was actually a little surprised to see a number of people trying to sell their R20 licenses BEFORE MAXON announced R21 and the subscription program.  I wondered why they wouldn't wait to see was in R21 and then make a decision.

Well, we know the answer to that question.  It was a brilliant move on their part if they actually were able to make the sale for all the reasons discussed to death in another 60 page thread. 

I just want to know how they knew that it was time to sell.  Were they part of the beta team?  Were they tipped off about subscriptions?  Did they have inside knowledge?

We will never know, but it does make you wonder.

Dave

Or maybe it was just one of those coincidences that makes you think something is up, but in reality it was just your brain seeing a pattern :ohmy:

Dave, no idea, it could be the case that some of the beta testers did that but on the other hand, no one knew this was coming, not even beta testers, just internals, so this could be a pure coinsedence. 

My comment was due to seeing Icecaveman leaving and now you. You guys are here for a looong time, so seeing you leaving makes my hearth hurt. 

| MAXON Quality Assurance | 3D Artist | C4D Cafe Manager | Gamer in Heart/PS4 ID: SIgor420 |:compEnjoy:

• Topic Author
  • Sadly I'm leaving after many years of C4D.  The subscription option was the final nail in the coffin for me. I believe that very soon that will be the only option. Just as I did with Adobe, I refuse to  be dictated to about my software buying options. This may well not be the case with MAXON but I'm not prepared to spend money and then find out. I'd rather invest my cash somewhere else.

Personally I don't think there is any thing going on with the amount of people selling their licenses. I just think folk are at the same or similar crossroads as myself.

2 minutes ago, JLeaburn said:

Personally I don't think there is any thing going on with the amount of people selling their licenses. I just think folk are at the same or similar crossroads as myself.

Personally I think that it has more to do with Blender 2.8 than with anything else. I guess a lot of people already knew Blender or used it for some projects and when 2.8 came out just said f*** it.

If you don't mind me asking, what are you planning on using in the future instead of C4D?

Its ok Dave, I wish you all the best, where ever you decide to go. 🙂 Make sure to visit us sometines! 😉

• Topic Author
  • Blender may be the route I take and if I sell my license then I may invest in computer hardware instead.

I sold my license without knowing about MAXON's plans. For me, the cost of MSA was too high and I needed to pay for too many plugins for my needs. The upgrades didn't help me much, and I hit a wall with some of my projects. Given the new CEO of MAXON coming from Adobe,  I was not surprised to see a shift to rentals.  Rentals are not just Adobe's model, but most software is going that way. I sold my Modo license for the same reason. I see a better future in Houdini or Blender. Personally, I think Houdini is the best DCC on the market, regardless of price, and it is much cheaper than any alternative other than Blender for most people.