Sign in to follow this  
SwoopNebula

Energy Ball effects w/o plugins ?

Is it possible to create Energy Ball/ Magical and fire effects in cinema 4d without turbulence fd? 

Not really. I mean for fire / smoke etc we have Pyrocluster, which can look passable if you really know what you're doing, but it's nothing like up to TFD standard. Likewise, we can do more with visible / volumetric lights glows than most people give Cinema credit for, and these could quite easily create a pretty decent energy ball type thing, but the results aren't usually quite as good  (or as fast to render) as you'd get with a plugin in post, so doing those sort of things in AFX is usually much preferable...

Having said that, this glowing ball thing took about 30 seconds to put together and render in vanilla Cinema...

361611374_energyball.thumb.jpg.eecc22efeef14cfa9e41903f7bdec54b.jpg

CBR

You can.  To make it look really good though I'd recommend xparticles.  When I think of magical stuff I think of lots of particles.  Little glowy bits going different directions and such.  Xparticles can also do fire and smoke.  It all depends on what you are trying to make exactly.

The energy ball specifically could be made all in c4d with no plugins if you just want a glowy cool looking ball with swirls or something.