Sign in to follow this  
Beefdoctor

IK Rig Issue (priority?)

Hey guys, I thought it would be easier to create a video of my issues instead of writing a long explanation.

27 minutes ago, Beefdoctor said:

Hey guys, I thought it would be easier to create a video of my issues instead of writing a long explanation.

yes and yes. ;)

yes, you've gone the right way, and yes, seems like a priority issue. 

aim constraints are usually more reliable if you combine them with an upvector, but since you only constrained your elements in one axis you probably can get away without any.

can you share a file? i'm always having trouble telling the right priority settings from the top of my head without a file to tinker with.

• Topic Author
  • 35 minutes ago, everfresh said:

yes and yes. ;)

yes, you've gone the right way, and yes, seems like a priority issue. 

aim constraints are usually more reliable if you combine them with an upvector, but since you only constrained your elements in one axis you probably can get away without any.

can you share a file? i'm always having trouble telling the right priority settings from the top of my head without a file to tinker with.

Thanks for the reply, it's much appreciated. can I give you my file in a private message? I don't really want this file out in the wild. 

9 minutes ago, Beefdoctor said:

Thanks for the reply, it's much appreciated. can I give you my file in a private message? I don't really want this file out in the wild. 

sure.

• Topic Author
  • 5 minutes ago, everfresh said:

sure.

Just sent you a PM with the file.

• Topic Author
  • I'm not sure if the message sent or not? after I press send, it refreshes and under your name it says "Everfresh cannot receive messages" 

Just now, Beefdoctor said:

I'm not sure if the message sent or not? after I press send, it refreshes and under your name it says "Everfresh cannot receive messages" 

that's odd... messaging worked a couple of days ago... gonna try to send you one instead...

• Topic Author
  • For anyone else viewing this wanting a solution. With a lot of help from Everfresh, we replaced the Aim Constraints with Up Vector Constraints. There is now no Lag and PSR works correctly.