Sign in to follow this  
SNIARDRGS

Cinema 4D Lite /After Effects - help

Hello everyone!
So my c4d student license has expired these days. 
I was trying to use cinema 4d lite through after effects, but every time I select to create a "new file MAXON c4d lite" it automatically opens my 4d Student version. This way the software is more complete but I'm not able to save or export, and for now the lite will do. Is there anyway that I can open the Lite version as it should be? (do I have to uninstall the student version for it to work that way?).

You can find the standalone *.exe in ...\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CC 2019\Support Files\Plug-ins\MAXON CINEWARE AE\(CINEWARE Support)

You should be able to start it from there. There's probably also a way to tell AE to start that instead of the Student Version, but I have no idea how.

Welcome to the cafe

Introductions was not the place to post this. Please read the article / rules on how to post on the cafe.

Moved to Misc Questions.

Is there anyway that I can open the Lite version as it should be?

If you are on Windows 10 you can either set up which apps open which type of file via the Control Panel / application settings / Default Applications, but you can also r-click directly on any c4d file, and choose Open with from the list that appears, which should contain both versions of Cinema.

Presumably there is a similar procedure if you are on a Mac, but someone else would have to fill you in on where that was...

CBR

2 hours ago, Cerbera said:

a similar procedure if you are on a Mac

It's right click, 'Open With' then tick 'Always open with'