Sign in to follow this  
Frokito

Amazing facial rig

32 minutes ago, Lonchaney said:

I believe Octane is free for Blender users...just sayin'

must have missed that... that's awesome.

@Fastbee google my name and you'll find some stuff... most things were rendered locally, since most of my stuff is toon shaded and renders within seconds anyways, but i also rendered a lot of more photoreal animations on farms, and yes, i know about issues with preparation times, but my shots are rarely longer than 5-10 seconds each, so those are usually neglectable.

if c4d was as bad as you say regarding character animation, how come successful studios like aixponza, believe, nebula, bomper and many others use c4d for their character stuff? are they all stupid and you are so incredibly wise that they all need to listen to you? i know a rigger who rigs in any software, maya, max, houdini... on a very high level. and guess what? he actually likes c4ds rigging tools. 

again, i think blender is a fantastic piece of software, not arguing about that. also i'm not saying c4d is perfect. but this thread is about c4d facial rigging, and all you do is complaining that you can't accomplish anything with c4d in that regard. ever took into account that YOU might be the problem and not c4d?

ps: there's an official blender forum i believe. 😉

1 hour ago, Lonchaney said:

I believe Octane is free for Blender users...just sayin'

Octane is free because it is a very beta version of the render, and they warn several times that it is not for production, since its buggy as hell..
Redshift will come to Blender eventually (I saw them testing earlier last month) and for sure, it will make things a lot interesting!
Not sure when will come out though! Hopefully soon.

7 hours ago, FLima said:

Man, your fanboysm and emotional attachment to a software has began to overshadow what a cool software Blender can be in the right hands.

It is sad that not only you are not contribuiting to this topic - that would be, presenting facial rigs in C4D, or discussing it in a constructive manner - but you are also on this rampage against C4D artists (on a C4D forum for crying out loud...), trying to disprove at any cost that quality animation work can be done in C4D, or that Blender it is vastly superior in every aspect. 

I usually keep my cool and try to be as helpful as I can with people, not only on this forum but every other forum I am part of. But when i see an attitude like yours, diminishing people's work and effort, or asking them to prove... to you?..  what they can do with the software... just because it does not conform to your ideal way of work or the software of your choice, it is extremely sad, specially (and I repeat) on a C4D forum.  

Learn to accept that people can produce awesome results when they are comfortable to use their software of choice, and let their work speak for itself. Extremely awesome work has been produced by both Blender and C4D users, by insanely talented people who knows how to use each software extremely well within each software's limitations. And many softwares can be combined to produce amazing work, which is by far, the most important measure on how sucessfull certain process was...which makes this "one-man-war" of yours even more pointless.

I complimented him on the work posted.  I did not diminish it at all.  What I was asking for was some of HIS work in character animation.  Didn't know people got screamed at for asking for a portfolio.  I don't see how asking him about his thoughts on the process of the project he did character animation on gives these remarks.  It's like jumping on an interviewer that asks someone at Pixar, "What challenges did you face on your project?"  First he attacks me, which I ignore, sticking to talking about he tools.  Now you jump on me.  I see you two attacking me while I'm trying to have a discussion on the tools.  Please let us stop these personal attacks as they are counter productive.

5 hours ago, everfresh said:

@Fastbee google my name and you'll find some stuff... most things were rendered locally, since most of my stuff is toon shaded and renders within seconds anyways, but i also rendered a lot of more photoreal animations on farms, and yes, i know about issues with preparation times, but my shots are rarely longer than 5-10 seconds each, so those are usually neglectable.

1967343412_everfreshgoogle.thumb.jpg.7a7a85bb9cbf2c8539278767f5ec117c.jpg

i'm sorry i didn't make it to the first page of the google results. tells a lot you're giving up that quickly. my website is second on page 2. also here's my twitter, i recently posted some rigging stuff there.  https://twitter.com/everfreshdesign

3 hours ago, everfresh said:

i'm sorry i didn't make it to the first page of the google results. tells a lot you're giving up that quickly. my website is second on page 2. also here's my twitter, i recently posted some rigging stuff there.  https://twitter.com/everfreshdesign

Still with the personal insults.  This tells me you don't want to talk about tools.  You only want to say C4D is perfect.  I helped the original poster so I'm happy.  ✌️

not at all what i want to say. i think i literally stated that a couple of posts before. i just wanted to prove you wrong when you were saying it’s impossible to create decent results containing character animation with c4d, which i find quite insulting to a whole group of people. i think i‘m done here, since you obviously don’t want to hear anything about it, otherwise you would have to admit to yourself that your problems are not the softwares fault.  

On 5/17/2020 at 10:41 PM, everfresh said:

not at all what i want to say. i think i literally stated that a couple of posts before. i just wanted to prove you wrong when you were saying it’s impossible to create decent results containing character animation with c4d, which i find quite insulting to a whole group of people. i think i‘m done here, since you obviously don’t want to hear anything about it, otherwise you would have to admit to yourself that your problems are not the softwares fault.  

What I was saying was it is super hard to make a good rig, animate that rig in a long clip because of c4d slowing as the clip becomes longer, then an even bigger pain when you go to render on a farm.  What you said here was here is an amazing work which was super easy to make the character animation on because I didn't do any of the actual rigging or character animation.  Of course things are easy when other people do them for you.  If you used c4d to a decent sized clip of animation from rigging, to animation, and rendering on a farm you would see all the huge problems in c4d.  Even using the most advanced xpresso set up I've ever seen there is still glitches in the IK FK switch that breaks and drives me crazy.  It's better, but still horrible.  This does not make it impossible to do animation in C4D.  It does make great animations like what you did show all the more impressive.  It's like climbing Mount Everest while standing on your two pinky fingers.  There is always that one guy that can do it, but should I recommend other people do it?  No.

Would I like to talk about the individual C4D tools on a C4D site?  Yes, but all I get is a steam of insults from everyone at the C4DCafe everytime I mention C4D is less than perfect.

2 hours ago, Fastbee said:

What I was saying was it is super hard to make a good rig, animate that rig in a long clip because of c4d slowing as the clip becomes longer, then an even bigger pain when you go to render on a farm.  What you said here was here is an amazing work which was super easy to make the character animation on because I didn't do any of the actual rigging or character animation.  Of course things are easy when other people do them for you.  If you used c4d to a decent sized clip of animation from rigging, to animation, and rendering on a farm you would see all the huge problems in c4d.  Even using the most advanced xpresso set up I've ever seen there is still glitches in the IK FK switch that breaks and drives me crazy.  It's better, but still horrible.  This does not make it impossible to do animation in C4D.  It does make great animations like what you did show all the more impressive.  It's like climbing Mount Everest while standing on your two pinky fingers.  There is always that one guy that can do it, but should I recommend other people do it?  No.

Would I like to talk about the individual C4D tools on a C4D site?  Yes, but all I get is a steam of insults from everyone at the C4DCafe everytime I mention C4D is less than perfect.

you mean those glitches? 😉 

ikfk_iseenoglitch.gif

23 minutes ago, everfresh said:

you mean those glitches? 😉 

ikfk_iseenoglitch.gif

This looks awesomeeeee!! 😮