Sign in to follow this  
Frokito

Amazing facial rig

Shoutouts to people who do character work in Cinema 4D, especially to Kangddan. Check out this rig!

yeah his setups are getting crazier every time... that level of control is just insane.

That's a nice rig :)

Free C4D trainings from MAXON professional on our youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/c4dcafe

Thats awesome!:respect:

| MAXON Quality Assurance | 3D Artist | C4D Cafe Manager | Gamer in Heart/PS4 ID: SIgor420 |:compEnjoy:

Yes very nice and complicated facial rig. My only concern is how smooth the animated transition  pose movement from one key-frame to the other will be. and any priority issues.

Looking good! 

I think based on that topology, one of the inspiration is perhaps from Hippydrome. You can check it out here:
https://www.hippydrome.com/iBookExmpls.html

The author is from Pixar, correct me if I'm wrong.

I know this guy. I worked with him and he is the most talented c4d rigger that ever meet.

I downloaded his toyrig and the performance was at 20fps. I don't do any character stuff yet but would love to get into it. 

I think speed is what I want to aim for in a simple and stylised characters. Has anyone got any links to tutorials that are applicable? From other 3d apps? 

The rig looks nice.  I like the HUD elements to control the rig.  Morphs can be nice for things, but finding the right morph can be a pain when there are a ton of them.  Less morphs the better.

If you were to look into the specifics he probably uses a lot of xpresso to get that to happen.  When there is a character rig with xpresso it can do horrible things with a render farm to the point where the whole thing needs to be baked out to alembic so it doesn't have 24-50 hours of precomutation to have each node get to the frame it needs to be on.  Xpresso is so bad for farms I try to avoid it as much as possible.  Even with super simple it can make precomutation times horrid.  Hopefully MAXON will continue with the improvements to character animation and have a huge release in R21 that becomes the new standard for character animation.