Sign in to follow this  
Stefan Amphaijit

Modelling a Cosmetic Pouch

Posted (edited)

I hope this is the right place to add this >

I everybody, im not all new to c4d but im not a professional yet either. So i would like to ask if there is any source of tutorial or template that would help me to create a cosmetic pouch as seen on the image i attached. Any help is appreciated. Maybe you even consider to contact me and help me directly? Thanks in advance!

pouch-example.png

Edited by Cerbera
Removed formatting & unnecessary tags

Hi, what part of the modelling are you straggling with? is it the edge stitch? the plastic material? the zip? it's basically a cube. it will be easier to help you if you posted a file of how far have you got with trying to model this.

here is a zip tutorial: https://vimeo.com/220200102

You could look in the Content Browser to see if you can find a model that can be customised into this, but you are unlikely to find any tutorials or 'templates' for something so specific - you just need general poly modelling skills to be able to make this well. And those are the sort of things that take a few years of practice to acquire rather than can be taught in any single forum post...

However I can give you the following advice that should hopefully send you off in the right direction...

• Like DV says, you can start with a suitably proportioned cube
  • Do the end braids as separate objects
  • The heart tag can be either a Sweep Object or made with the poly pen
  • Make the zip teeth with the Cloner
  • Use a noise-driven displacer to get the slightly organic, uneven surface
  • Use nice, even quad polygons everywhere so that your deformations and Subdivision works correctly

The zip handle is the only challenging thing to model here, and you already have a tutorial for that, so that should be everything you need strategically before you start...

Here's what I'd do as the first 4 steps...

1563185550_Bagstart.thumb.gif.c88dfb6aa54b85b477737413fa1ff489.gif

1. Cube, set correct dimensions, and even segments (here 8 x 6 x 3)

2. Bevel Deformer, chamfer mode, 1 segment, Angle Limit to 40 degrees.

3. Displacer (as a child of cube), driven by Perlin noise (400% scale, 5 cm strength)

4. Place under Subdivision Surface Object.

After that you can use Edge to Spline to extract path splines for the end braids, and use those in Sweep objects, or maybe with Spline Wrap etc to get those.

CBR

This is one i quickly made using a cube and spline in sweep for the edge, no zip:

bag_1.jpg

• Topic Author
  • 22 hours ago, digitvisions said:

Hi, what part of the modelling are you straggling with? is it the edge stitch? the plastic material? the zip? it's basically a cube. it will be easier to help you if you posted a file of how far have you got with trying to model this.

here is a zip tutorial: https://vimeo.com/220200102

Im sorry when i was not as specific. It is not that i have issues with certain areas or pieces, I was more hoping to find any source of tutorial from start to end that shows how to build such bag/pouch. I already know the basics of modeling but never did such thing before and just need some help to get started (illustrations or better a video tut) 

19 hours ago, Stefan Amphaijit said:

Im sorry when i was not as specific. It is not that i have issues with certain areas or pieces, I was more hoping to find any source of tutorial from start to end that shows how to build such bag/pouch. I already know the basics of modeling but never did such thing before and just need some help to get started (illustrations or better a video tut) 

You won't find one ! Obviously, there are not tutorials for every object in the world, and this is quite specific ! You'll only find tuts that show general techniques you could use to build this... I showed you the first 4 or so steps, if you're not clear on where to go after that, just ask ! But if you do want a full step-by-step tutorial for the whole object I could do it, but it would be a chargeable job I'm afraid as would take a few hours ! Do PM me if you'd like me to do that...

CBR

• Topic Author
  • 4 hours ago, Cerbera said:

You won't find one ! Obviously, there are not tutorials for every object in the world, and this is quite specific ! You'll only find tuts that show general techniques you could use to build this... I showed you the first 4 or so steps, if you're not clear on where to go after that, just ask ! But if you do want a full step-by-step tutorial for the whole object I could do it, but it would be a chargeable job I'm afraid as would take a few hours ! Do PM me if you'd like me to do that...

CBR

I guess you are right! I will do it as i always did.. Learning by doing 😉 But thanks a lot of bringing the stone to rolling and show me the path 🙂