Sign in to follow this  
daddycoull

Forklift Animation

Hi there,

I'm a bit stuck on how to finish this animation,  I currently have a forklift following a spline path via the tag align to spline.  It moves to a specific area, and picks up a palette, I've animated the palette on an align to spline to as I was having problems with using a constraint tag.

The problem I'm having is once the forklift truck arrives at the specific location and picks up the palette, I need it to basically reverse slightly in the opposite direction then move back in the direction it came from (I hope that makes sense haha).  So basically I'm asking what the best way to tackle this would be?

Thank, 

Mark

Forklift_c4dcafe.c4d.zip

Hi, I don't know a lot about animation, but since no one else has responded yet. I think you could get some tips from some character animation tutorials.

I saw this one a few months ago and it may offer some techniques that are similar. It's a character picking up a ball, but the process is probably similar for what you want. I'm sure some others will come along and hopefully give some other good advice. 

• Topic Author
  • 13 hours ago, StageFive said:

Hi, I don't know a lot about animation, but since no one else has responded yet. I think you could get some tips from some character animation tutorials.

I saw this one a few months ago and it may offer some techniques that are similar. It's a character picking up a ball, but the process is probably similar for what you want. I'm sure some others will come along and hopefully give some other good advice. 

Ah thanks, this might shed some light on the picking up of the palette.  

Hi, I had a look at your file i couldn't find a smart quick solution to the forklift turning back, so i key frame animated it back without the align tag. I also duplicated the palette and key frame animated the seen in render and view port tab.

(Sorry,run out of space clearing some old files)

Here is my file: 

Revers_Forklift_c4dcafe.c4d.zip

• Topic Author
  • 1 minute ago, digitvisions said:

Hi, I had a look at your file i couldn't find a smart quick solution to the forklift turning back, so i key frame animated it back without the align tag. I also duplicated the palette and key frame animated the seen in render and view port tab.

Here is my file: 

Ah thanks for the help, you forgot to upload the file 😄

It's  now in the previous reply.👍 

You could make the wheels turn using the base80 wheel rig - it rotates a wheel correctly irrespective of direction. You make the base wheel the same radius etc as the real wheel and make the real wheel a child of the base wheel. The XPresso does the rest.

FLT2.zip

BaseWheel1.7.c4d

• Topic Author
  • 7 minutes ago, jed said:

You could make the wheels turn using the base80 wheel rig - it rotates a wheel correctly irrespective of direction. You make the base wheel the same radius etc as the real wheel and make the real wheel a child of the base wheel. The XPresso does the rest.

FLT2.zip 1.27 MB · 1 download

BaseWheel1.7.c4d 324.55 kB · 1 download

Thanks for this Jed, I still have this from the last time you helped me and have been using it since.  The reason the wheels were not turning was because this was being use for some quick and dirty augmented reality, but now that I've seen the wheels turn I think I'll go back and fix it haha. 

I've actually just posted an xpresso question in another section that hopefully you could help with 🙂