Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
RBarrett

Cinema 4D R21 Available Now!

Recommended Posts

The entire team at MAXON is pleased to announce that Cinema 4D Release 21 is now available for download. That also means our new customer portal and licensing system is officially live. Everyone can now create accounts on the new MyMaxon portal (my.MAXON.net) and download the latest version of Cinema 4D.


Customers with an MSA (annual maintenance agreement) should use the email associated with their existing MSA agreement in order to immediately access their commercial entitlements.

 

Enjoy!

-Rick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats to Maxon on R21 release, while its not packed with big big features, R21 for me personaly is a good release as it contains so much small improvements which make your everyday work so much more enjoyable. :Bananeyessss:


| MAXON Quality Assurance | 3D Artist | C4D Cafe Manager | Gamer in Heart/PS4 ID: SIgor420 |:compEnjoy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But It looks like the amount render clients is restricted to 5:

https://www.MAXON.net/de/buy/

and it also looks like they have to be online?!

therefor I will not be able to use R21 even though I payed for it with my MSA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations to MAXON - hope that they raise their game soon. The through thick and thin period with loyal base seems to be over now...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very smooth download and install process. Setup of the MyMaxon account very speedy, used the full installers(around 320MB) , then launched C4D and logged in. Downloads for Library files were different names from previous- Example scenes, Materials,  3D Objects, and Presets. Took about fifteen minutes for me. Well done MAXON!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I chose the auto installer and was very straightforward. Just one bug with a script error on quick start dialogue. Reported it and got a reply minutes later that it's a known issue. 

Nothing up on Ciniversity yet for R21? Just going through some of the new feature YouTube videos that popped up a month ago.

Will try some plugins later although not sure if I have to wait for updates etc. for them to be released (Octane, Xparticles & some GSG stuff.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, erikaeick said:

Very smooth download and install process. Setup of the MyMaxon account very speedy, used the full installers(around 320MB) , then launched C4D and logged in. Downloads for Library files were different names from previous- Example scenes, Materials,  3D Objects, and Presets. Took about fifteen minutes for me. Well done MAXON!

Thanks. Quite a lot of work went into making sure the infrastructure and tools behind this are up to the task. We now have a way more capable distribution system than in the past and the new entitlement system My MAXON should make things easier for the user.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RBarrett said:

The entire team at MAXON is pleased to announce that Cinema 4D Release 21 is now available for download. That also means our new customer portal and licensing system is officially live. Everyone can now create accounts on the new MyMaxon portal (my.MAXON.net) and download the latest version of Cinema 4D.


Customers with an MSA (annual maintenance agreement) should use the email associated with their existing MSA agreement in order to immediately access their commercial entitlements.

 

Enjoy!

-Rick

I appreciate the announcement Rick.
But out of curiosity, where is the option for upgrades, for perpetual users of previous versions.
I am still trying to decide on the upgrade, but I cant see to find the option anywhere.

 

Thanks! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Upgrades will be sold direct via calling MAXON or a Reseller.  Feel free to call one of the numbers on the website.

 

Cheers

Dave

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Worked perfect. Old license detected and renewed. 

The only plugin working is x-particles and Redshift. Hope other follow fast. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest mbyrne
12 hours ago, Jops said:

But It looks like the amount render clients is restricted to 5:

https://www.MAXON.net/de/buy/

and it also looks like they have to be online?!

therefor I will not be able to use R21 even though I payed for it with my MSA.

 

That is really nasty if so [page is on german] , but it does say only 5 nodes. crazy stunt from company that will never get it's aura back.MAXON has turned really ugly. Not sure what were they thinking bringing that Adobe guy. Judging from some videos he is a clear case of delusion of adequacy

I'm moving to Houdini and have convinced my superiors to do the same for whole facility, no more financing of empty releases. We will check Blender too.

Big shout to people who run Cafe and all people on it, they were very helpful and thanks to them I gained a lot of skills

 

Cya!

 

P.S Udemy has massive discount for all videos atm, check it out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ha first thing that pops up is that it's only Win 10 compatible.. should have checked the fine print before upgrading the MSA. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...