Sign in to follow this  
AlexisB

Where to get free interior scenes

Hey guys,

I am just starting to work with a client who has a product she wants to use in "Lifestyle Images".

Basically what i need to do is place the product in 3d scenes of Interiors, tables, near the bed, etc.

Given that im still not experienced with 3D art to create Lifestyle Images im asking: where can i find some nice decent 3D scenes of interior that i can use in C4D to place the product inside them?

Any idea? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

32 minutes ago, AlexisB said:

Hey guys,

I am just starting to work with a client who has a product she wants to use in "Lifestyle Images".

Basically what i need to do is place the product in 3d scenes of Interiors, tables, near the bed, etc.

Given that im still not experienced with 3D art to create Lifestyle Images im asking: where can i find some nice decent 3D scenes of interior that i can use in C4D to place the product inside them?

Any idea? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

The Content Browser might be a good starting point for you to check. 

Depending on what version you're using will depend on the contents of the content browser though. It'd be good for some models but would need to do up your own scenes probably.

https://www.MAXON.net/en/products/cinema-4d/features/general-workflow/content-browser/

There's a couple of free interiors at the Pixel Lab that you might be able to repurpose, mix + match. I couldn't test them because they seem to use 3rd party render plugins (I only have vanilla C4D). You have to sign up for the email news letter to get the freebie password.

https://www.thepixellab.net/freebies

• Topic Author
  • The Pixel Lab ones aren't reliable, theyre not really decent room-interior scenes, just checked them, and the C4D one is great but you can only work with it a couple of times.. 

I think the catch here is "free".  Not a lot of quality free full blown interiors that are also licensed to use for marketing/promotional materials.  Also - many of the free resources are made by people who don't have any background in architectural design or real world scale parameters. 

It depends on how tight your camera lensing is - for close ups of products on a table - many times just a plane with a room image mapped to it in the background (assuming you are using depth of field) can work.  Or make a wall and floor with a few pieces of furniture for a tight vignette or corner shot.

For full interiors or things you need to do wider shots of (larger products) - Take a look at the Evermotion series for sale on Turbosquid.  I've bought full blown interiors of office, classrooms, etc there for use with client products.  Be sure to read and understand the usage rights.  I take the cost of these models into account when working up a proposal for a client.

• Topic Author
  • thats super helpful @EAlexanderthank you so much! do you have any idea if any of these scenes can work with Octane as well? I worry to buy a collection and then have to redo the whole texturing thing cause i only render with Octane at this point.. 

Most come default with Cinema textures or VRAY.  I use Corona, so I have to convert - I would imagine you would have to retexture for Octane for most scenes.  99% of all models I purchase have to be retextured.

• Topic Author
  • thanks!

Alexis - I just ran across this:

https://www.cgtrader.com/vizforyou

There are a few scenes in there that are ready to go for Octane.  I haven't worked with these, so I can't speak to the quality or how well/poorly they are organized, but it reminded me of this thread.  Hope that helps some.

e.