Sign in to follow this  
Intenditore

An open letter to MAXON CEO McGavran

Do you feel Maxon is taking an Adobe route?  

70 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Do you feel Maxon is taking an Adobe route?

• Yes
    • No

An interesting example of modern world SaS solutions or why else we are much afraid of fatal subscription model flaws

Adobe is cutting off users in Venezuela due to US sanctions

Users have until October 28th to download content, and no refunds will be issued

Adobe is shutting down service for users in Venezuela in order to comply with a US executive order issued in August that prohibits trade with the country. The company sent out an email to customers in Venezuela today to let them know their accounts would be deactivated, and posted a support document further explaining the decision.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/10/7/20904030/adobe-venezuela-photoshop-behance-us-sanctions

Yeh that is messed up. While I could find a way around Adobe products for illustration (Affinity Designer etc), I am entirely reliant on After Effects for 80% of my work, so I'd be absolutely screwed if that were to occur here. Poor Venezuelans. It's crazy that they're not offered refunds either.