Sign in to follow this  
ingvarai

Redshift does not show up in R21

I have purchased and installed Redshift. But it won't show up in R21. All is fine in the other C4D versions I own, R16-R20.
And, as a matter of fact, Prorender is also absent in the Renderer list!

What to do about this? I am eager to use Redshift, of course.

-Ingvar

c4dmenu-no-redshift.png

renderers-missing.png

• Topic Author
  • 4 hours ago, bentraje said:

Have you installed the latest version? 

I clicked the link in the e-mail I got from Redshift3D after I purchased it. More than this I cannot do. I assume I have the latest version.
    I have all C4D versions, from R13 and up, including R21. And I installed Redshift in all versions R16-R21, And Redshift works fine in the other C4D versions.
     The fact that not Prorender shows up in the list of Renders, in R21, is enough to tell me that something is wrong here.

-Ingvar

We seem to have a very similar issue - my Octane isn't showing up, but it's working for everyone else. 

Why I think our issues are related? Your render list doesn't contain ProRender, just like mine - it should be there no matter what.

Is, by any chance, "Get Redshift" greyed out for you as well?

May I ask you your CPU to see if it's support AVX instruction set and your OS.

Cheers

BTW: even if this forum is read by few MAXON employee, and while redshift is a MAXON product now, please if you have issue with redshift contact them directly on their forum.

• Topic Author
  • 4 hours ago, graphos said:

May I ask you your CPU to see if it's support AVX instruction set and your OS.

It is very interesting why that would matter.  Bacause Redshift runs fine on all ny C4D versions R16-R20. 
    speccy.thumb.png.71bac525bb5945b7fcc5c0a7dd5f1c9c.png

Now, I did contact Redshift immediately after purchasing it and discovering that it didn't like R21.

ow, they have released an upgrade, Redshift 2.6.47, "which includes a fix for an issue that might prevent the plugin from loading in certain types of CPUs" as they write in an e-mail to me.

And guess what - now it works in Cinema 4D R21!
    So this issue is closed in my case, I can now work in R21!

-Ingvar