Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
manyarms

Logitech's new MX Graphic is really cool

Recommended Posts

I saw this really cool animation on Logitech's site for their new MX mouse and keyboard.

https://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/mx-keys-wireless-keyboard

Would love to figure out how they did this,

I can see using  spline masks in a way to sort of get the cubes to conform to the shape to the font. At least conceptually.. 

Maybe somebody here has a better idea on how they may have done this?

 

 

 

 

Annotation 2019-09-06 093057.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know how I feel about the keyboard but animation looks like it's made within Cinema 4D. 😁


| MAXON Quality Assurance Specialist | 3D Asset Creatior | C4D Cafe Manager | Gamer in Heart | :compEnjoy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's very likely by Man vs Machine. They did some old stuff for them here too: https://mvsm.com/project/play_series

C4d with a heavy dose of Houdini?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Topic Author
  • 1 hour ago, rfanoni said:

    It's very likely by Man vs Machine. They did some old stuff for them here too: https://mvsm.com/project/play_series

    C4d with a heavy dose of Houdini?

    Geeze.. that stuff is amazing!

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    On 9/6/2019 at 1:27 PM, Igor said:

    I don't know how I feel about the keyboard but animation looks like it's made within Cinema 4D. 😁

    I have the MX mouse and keyboard.....very handy when you are dealing with multiple machines at your desk.  I have a work PC, graphics workstation and an "every day" cheap PC and I manage all 3 with the MX set-up.  All wireless and it switches automatically between machines if they are supporting different monitors (just tell the mouse that if you scroll all the way to the left, then switch control over to the machine that supports the monitor on the left).  Also, the mouse has internal memory built into it (up to 500 Mb).  Just right click on a file, copy it, and then switch over to the other machine and left click - paste and that file makes its way over to the other machine.  The only problem I have noticed is that if you are copying and pasting files on the same machine, then you may have to do it twice as it the first click puts into the mouses memory and a second copy is required to put it into the machines memory.

     

    Overall, very handy if you are supporting multiple machines at your desk -- though I will admit that I am in a rather unique situation with 3 machines and two monitors that support all 3 machines.  The cable management alone would drive you mad so it was worth the cost of the MX (they are pricey) for solving that issue alone for the keyboard and mouse.

     

    Dave

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
  • Topic Author
  • 11 hours ago, 3D-Pangel said:

    I have the MX mouse and keyboard.....very handy when you are dealing with multiple machines at your desk.  I have a work PC, graphics workstation and an "every day" cheap PC and I manage all 3 with the MX set-up.  All wireless and it switches automatically between machines if they are supporting different monitors (just tell the mouse that if you scroll all the way to the left, then switch control over to the machine that supports the monitor on the left).  Also, the mouse has internal memory built into it (up to 500 Mb).  Just right click on a file, copy it, and then switch over to the other machine and left click - paste and that file makes its way over to the other machine.  The only problem I have noticed is that if you are copying and pasting files on the same machine, then you may have to do it twice as it the first click puts into the mouses memory and a second copy is required to put it into the machines memory.

     

    Overall, very handy if you are supporting multiple machines at your desk -- though I will admit that I am in a rather unique situation with 3 machines and two monitors that support all 3 machines.  The cable management alone would drive you mad so it was worth the cost of the MX (they are pricey) for solving that issue alone for the keyboard and mouse.

     

    Dave

    I've been pretty happy with the logitech craft keyboard but I don't really use the crown as much as I thought I'd might.. except for volume. but it also controls 3 computers that I have. Good stuff. 

     

    Still though.. would love to know how they made that graphic. 😉

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Join the conversation

    You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

    Guest
    Reply to this topic...

    ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

      Only 75 emoji are allowed.

    ×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

    ×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

    ×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

    Sign in to follow this  

    • Recently Browsing   0 members

      No registered users viewing this page.

    ×
    ×
    • Create New...