Sign in to follow this  
Unstable

I don't need MAXON :)

I just want you to know that I've been contacted by the heir prince of Nigeria Serif and I will soon collect on such a huge inheritance that I'll be able to start my own software company. I've already allocated $1000 to Serif to cover the cost of the administrative paperwork and expect to receive my portion within the next 30 days. Soon, MAXON will not only have to worry about Blender, but the new kid on the block, Serifware 3d.

If this is an inappropriate post, please feel free to delete.

11 hours ago, Unstable said:

I just want you to know that I've been contacted by the heir prince of Nigeria Serif and I will soon collect on such a huge inheritance that I'll be able to start my own software company. I've already allocated $1000 to Serif to cover the cost of the administrative paperwork and expect to receive my portion within the next 30 days. Soon, MAXON will not only have to worry about Blender, but the new kid on the block, Serifware 3d.

If this is an inappropriate post, please feel free to delete.

This post sounds a bit weird! It reminds me of those emails saying that someone will give me millions of dollars because they have no heirs! 😂

But on the event of you really start your own software company, contact me for beta testing it 😉

There's probably a few, very vocal on social media customers that MAXON don't need and will breathe a sigh of relief that they've moved on or are planning to.

Ironically Affinity Software previously known as "Serif" have been getting a lot of new customers for their Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer applications. These offer excellent low cost and permanent licences for people wanting an alternative to Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator. I use both and they pretty much do everything I need. I'm then not lining the pockets of Adobe.

Thanks for your insight about the Affinity software Nigel. I’m actually looking for alternatives to PS and Illustrator, as I’m tired of feeling Adobe’s pockets. I’ll definitely check them out.  

If you are looking to dump Adobe. This guy some videos with a decent amount of advice about alternatives. Me myself have stopped using Adobe software. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=De5Xd0MqVxo

4 hours ago, 3DKiwi said:

There's probably a few, very vocal on social media customers that MAXON don't need and will breathe a sigh of relief that they've moved on or are planning to.

Ironically Affinity Software previously known as "Serif" have been getting a lot of new customers for their Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer applications. These offer excellent low cost and permanent licences for people wanting an alternative to Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator. I use both and they pretty much do everything I need. I'm then not lining the pockets of Adobe.

I've been looking at Affinity Software as well, tried Photo. I have been thinking about replacing Photoshop with it as my default compositing software, however, I could not get *.exr files imported the way I needed them to and documentation isn't really helpful in that regard. Do you have a direction you could point me at for compositing multi-pass 32bit files? Or is it not really usable for that?

Worth the post just to read 3DKiwi..hope you and the family are well Nigel.15 years man..15 bloody years and still a beginner with C4D !!

• Topic Author
  • 8 hours ago, PBarrelas said:

This post sounds a bit weird! It reminds me of those emails saying that someone will give me millions of dollars because they have no heirs! 😂

But on the event of you really start your own software company, contact me for beta testing it 😉

Yeah, it was supposed to remind you of those emails. I was just trying to take all the emotions of the last few weeks and post something a bit lighthearted. Looks like the post took on a life of its own, which is good.

@3DKiwi Ironically Affinity Software previously known as "Serif"

I had know idea about this software, it looks pretty cool though and appears to be very reasonably priced.

@Unstable

Please consider taking a chunk of that inheritance to support Cafe 😉

Free C4D trainings from MAXON professional on our youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/c4dcafe

On 9/9/2019 at 5:53 AM, DasFrodo said:

I've been looking at Affinity Software as well, tried Photo. I have been thinking about replacing Photoshop with it as my default compositing software, however, I could not get *.exr files imported the way I needed them to and documentation isn't really helpful in that regard. Do you have a direction you could point me at for compositing multi-pass 32bit files? Or is it not really usable for that?

I have Affinity Photo, Designer, and Publisher (the new InDesign killer) and am willing to make a few tests for you if you like...what are you trying to accomplish with Photo?

4 hours ago, Lonchaney said:

I have Affinity Photo, Designer, and Publisher (the new InDesign killer) and am willing to make a few tests for you if you like...what are you trying to accomplish with Photo?

Just basic compositing of different passes from my renders. You know, color correction for indirect light passes etc.