Sign in to follow this  
cinomadic

R21: UV Transform & Move Tools Very Slow

Hi,

I downloaded R21 today to try out the new UV Editor enhancements in R21. When I tried using the UV Transform Tool and Move Tool, I experienced very long lag.

I also was unable to double-click the UV faces/points to Select Connected. Here's a screen capture:

My system is:

Windows 10 Pro

Processor: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2680 0 @ 2.70GHz, 2701 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)

RAM: 64GB

GPU: 4x NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN Black

Any ideas what's going wrong? Thank you!

Hi, would you be able to upload a scene file? Its hard to tell like this, thanks!

| MAXON Quality Assurance | 3D Artist | C4D Cafe Manager | Gamer in Heart/PS4 ID: SIgor420 |:compEnjoy:

• Topic Author
  • 8 hours ago, Igor said:

Hi, would you be able to upload a scene file? Its hard to tell like this, thanks!

Sure and thanks for the reply. I didn't know if it had anything to do with my scene assets, so I uploaded them too. Sorry it's such a big file (300MB).

R21 Scene

I did notice that a lot of the lag was because my Skin Deformer was enabled. When I disabled it, it was more responsive, however, the move/transform would stop or become erratic after dragging a UV Point around a bit. I also still cannot get consistent results when double-clicking a UV Polygon for "Select Connected."

Finally, I experienced a crash when reorganizing my hierarchy after using the BP UV Editor.

Ok, finnaly had time to invastigate and this is what I have found!

The biggest issue in this scene is a Display Tag on the Bird object you are trying to edit. If you delete Display Tag, its gonna work smothly. Now real question is, why would Display Tag do such thing...Ill keep you updated as soon as I found out. I reported this and we will look into this, thanks for reporting! 🙂

| MAXON Quality Assurance | 3D Artist | C4D Cafe Manager | Gamer in Heart/PS4 ID: SIgor420 |:compEnjoy:

• Topic Author
  • 9 hours ago, Igor said:

Ok, finnaly had time to invastigate and this is what I have found!

The biggest issue in this scene is a Display Tag on the Bird object you are trying to edit. If you delete Display Tag, its gonna work smothly. Now real question is, why would Display Tag do such thing...Ill keep you updated as soon as I found out. I reported this and we will look into this, thanks for reporting! 🙂

I'm glad you found the major issue. I am eager to hear what you find about the Display Tag.

Thank you @Igor!

Question is, did it helped your scene to work better in UV Texture Editor? 

• Topic Author
  • 21 minutes ago, Igor said:

Question is, did it helped your scene to work better in UV Texture Editor? 

It did!

Here's another clue for the UV Editor slowdown:

• The Display Tag has Ghosting Enabled. I emptied the Cache and the UV Texture Editor performance was much better.

Ha, awesome catch...that is gonna help for sure to narrow down the issue! 🖖

• Topic Author
  • I heard that UV Snapping was implemented in the Editor in R21. Do you know how to get this working? I can create a separate thread if that would be better.

• Topic Author
  • I found the Snapping settings in the Move/Scale/Rotate tools.

Move.thumb.png.4630174e614e1412e6d9572c81a5afc9.png

I am curious: Why is Snapping unavailable for the UV Transform Tool?

Here:

Screenshot 2019-09-13 at 00.35.37.png----->Screenshot 2019-09-13 at 00.36.50.png

Unfortunately due to some limitations, it had to be like this at the moment!

• Topic Author
  • Thank you, @Igor!