Sign in to follow this  
Unstable

R21 Cloner Seems to Act Differently

I was doing this tutorial https://www.cineversity.com/vidplaytut/creating_audio_visuals_using_the_mograph_sound_and_shader_effectors

At the 1:05 mark you can see the grid array with the spheres all bunched together. If I use R20, I get exactly the same thing shown. However, if I use R21 with the same settings the spheres aren't nearly as tight (see pic). Is this R21 or have a missed some setting? Thanks

r21.jpg

It's R21. I think the size of the default sphere has changed - that is all.

CBR

• Topic Author
  • I probably should have mentioned that the set up starts by making the sphere 5 cm. So the sphere is the same size in both R20 and R21. Yet the only way to get the spheres tightly together (pic) in R21 is reduce the size of the cloner from 200 to 20, which isn't necessary when using R20. R20 the size can remain at 200 

vid.jpg

OK, now I look again I see the default cloner size changed as well, but none of these things should change its fundamental functionality...

CBR

There is no issue. In the first pic, you have the spacing Mode set to 'Per Step' of 200cm, while in the second pic it is set to 'End Point' of 200cm. 

• Topic Author
  • @Vizn - thank you sir, that is it. I did change this at the beginning, but it didn't stay. I guess when you change Iteration to Grid Array it resets this to per step. Once I set it, it matched up perfectly.

@Cerbera - the default size seems to be different, but I had set both to 200 and it didn't make a difference. However, once the mode was set correctly, I noticed the default size in R21 was set to 400, 0, 400, which I found to be a strange default.

Anyway, thanks for your help.