Sign in to follow this  
wafflelad

Effector scale object from one direction

I’m using a plain effector to scale an object in Y, but it’s scaling from the center of the object no matter where the axis is. Is there a way to make it scale from the axis position (bottom) so that it’s scaling upwards like it’s growing? I've tried everything I can think of, and nothing online seems to address this sort of situation either.

I just realized it has something to do with the fact that it's in a fracture object. I have a whole bunch of objects I'm wanting to do this to and that seemed the best way. If I put individual objects in cloners and don't clone them then it works fine, but I have a lot of different objects and I'd like to avoid having to manually add them all to their own cloners.

I was used random effector, but it´s the same...

This setup use parametric object(cube), so it can be changed parametrically at any time. But also work system without null object, but  conversion to polyobject is needed and adjusting axis to 0 in Y axis...

• Topic Author
  • 1 hour ago, bezo said:

I was used random effector, but it´s the same...

This setup use parametric object(cube), so it can be changed parametrically at any time. But also work system without null object, but  conversion to polyobject is needed and adjusting axis to 0 in Y axis...

Thanks. I realized it works in a cloner, but doesn't work in a fracture object. The problem is that I have a lot of different objects and I want them all to scale independently and when you put them in a null then everything in the null scales as one object. It looks like the only solution is to put each object individually into a cloner.