Sign in to follow this  
VanderAGSN

Many bugs in R21

The first thing I note - does not work ProRender, it simply is not present. In R20 I have it and it works fine. I have now GTX 1050Ti but I have enough performance with it, I don't think it's her because ProRender not only works in R21
Y8q44EI.png    kwcfrow.png
Met couple of man which have such same problems, but not clear on what reason he is missing. 
Okay, moving on.

The second place is pure taste, but I'll leave it here. The dark theme made me happy, but color of the object is disgusting. I tried to always avoid it, and I prefer the standard previously in all Cinema 4D - Gray-Blue, instead of 60% gray, which is now as DEFAULT in R21. Most likely I will have to create a startup file, eh. Always avoided it, by the way why in project settings - edit - set as default is unavailable?

UhtOWjC.pngzX0WD07.png

Also in the new R21 appeared microstutters when one takes something in empty scene. I do not know what yet is, but fps is unstable and uneven. FPS in cinema 4d r20 is much higher. In comparison I in empty scene get ~700-900 fps, when in r21 ~300-500. It's still a huge fps but it's unstable. In addition in R21 HUD I can't disable the display of "Camera" in viewport. When I create a new scene, it appears again.
okkv5tt.png

If you thought it was all - you're wrong

Bold in Cinema 4D does not work on the interface. The activation of the checkmark is visible only in the viewport

eAXcPju.png

HRbIma8.png

nb5QrTX.png  Also I would like to know whether it is possible to disable this incomprehensible & useless option?

That's all I managed to discover to date, I hope in the future MAXON will be fixed and be stable. So far I will stay on R20 because there I have ProRender, smooth fps, and no major bugs that are described above, including the camera which returns in viewport when you create a new document, and 60% gray color instead of gray-blue. Thanks for attention

I think I'd describe one of those as 'major', and the ProRender issue is already under investigation, but thank you for reporting it nonetheless.

As far as affected systems go it certainly isn't all of them, as I have functioning ProRender in my R21, and I don't even have hardware that properly supports it ! Anyway, hopefully it will be fixed soon for all systems.

I can confirm that the Bold Interface option (or rather its lack of appearance after restart) is also the case for me, and I have reported that for you.

Alas I am not in a position to test frame rates, so can't comment on that, but please do report that yourself via the MAXON Site or via Support.

As far as the grey / blue goes - have you found the option in Project settings that lets you change Default object colour back to the original it always was (listed as grey blue in the drop-down) ? There is no set as default for that because Project Settings are saved with the default scene, so just do that instead with the handy new option for it under Customisation menu.

AFAIK, I don't think you can remove the Node Space option, but I wouldn't call that either incomprehensible or useless, however it is available elsewhere (render menu) so I can perhaps see why there should be an option to remove it from the GUI. You could use MAXON's Suggestions Page to suggest it to them...

CBR

• Topic Author
  • 9 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

There is no set as default for that because Project Settings are saved with the default scene, so just do that instead with the handy new option for it under Customisation menu

Can you tell me where it is in more detail? I can't find this option now

DkVt1lD.png
    The Node Space it is advisable to make the option off, because personally for me and probably for many it does not make sense. Perhaps it will be useful for some tasks, but I have it takes up too much space

I would have complained on the performance drop of fps in R21 ceased to be smooth and for me personally it felt. On the R20 such a problem was not here and everything is good

10 minutes ago, VanderAGSN said:

Its the last option in Window / Customisation menu (Save as Default Scene).

CBR

53 minutes ago, VanderAGSN said:

DkVt1lD.png
    The Node Space it is advisable to make the option off, because personally for me and probably for many it does not make sense. Perhaps it will be useful for some tasks, but I have it takes up too much space

I would have complained on the performance drop of fps in R21 ceased to be smooth and for me personally it felt. On the R20 such a problem was not here and everything is good

3 hours ago, VanderAGSN said:

nb5QrTX.png  Also I would like to know whether it is possible to disable this incomprehensible & useless option?

Once Prorender is working for you, you will see the need for this. It allows you to define what kind of new node materials you are making. As more render engines use the node system (if that happens), the need for this will only increase, so that you don’t use incompatible nodes within a scene...

19 hours ago, VanderAGSN said:

including the camera which returns in viewport

Forgot to address this one. You can turn that off in the View Settings / HUD menu. If you then save your layout as default you'll never see it again !

CBR

• Topic Author
  • 2 hours ago, Cerbera said:

Forgot to address this one. You can turn that off in the View Settings / HUD menu. If you then save your layout as default you'll never see it again !

CBR

Yeah, thanks! 

Found another one!

If you are inside a camera while using ProRender in the viewport, and leave the camera again the position of the camera will be somewhere else to where you initially placed it. Even if you have a protection tag on it.

Solution is to disable the ProRender viewport preview before switching any camera, but that's just a workaround.

• Topic Author
  • Don't know whether it is possible to change intensity of the transparency in a selection of UV polygons, but I would like it lower

TmhSTtc.png

• Topic Author
  • ... and rotation sensitivity to higher

But in general the problem is that cursor does not disappear, and it seems strange, because in the R20 seems to be same intensity of rotation, but I can twist the UV as much as I want moving the mouse endlessly

• Topic Author
  • In the same way in Photoshop to transform the default was not binding proportions, but with Shift it was on. In R21 on the contrary - initially with proportions and with Shift it is switched off. Many even in the new update Photoshop did not like that the default proportions are attached, but in the update they made the choice tick " revert proportional transform"

brake.png.8dc5539da87c68bd6a2566a999d6b59d.png