Sign in to follow this  
Drizzle

Car Modelling

Hi Everyone.

I am trying to search for paid tutorials on how to model a car. Any links that you have and share with me ? Existing link about this topic in this forum is for free tutorials by 3D passion, but that designer doesn't show detailed steps. I need a step by step tutorial and chances of getting such a tutorial for free is not possible hence I just want a paid one. 

Thank you.

Edited by Cerbera
Removed unnecessary tag

I remember watching a great tutorial on Digital tutors, made by Justin Marshall. 

The car was an Audi R8. 

It was for Maya users but all the techniques could easily be carried over to any program, including C4d.

The tutorial is still available on Pluralsight. I suggest checking it out. 

There are some free tutorials that show the entire process, but as has been mentioned, not in C4D. However the techniques are largely the same so if you have basic knowledge of the C4D modelling toolset you should be able to see the equivalent Cinema processes. This one for Blender is fairly comprehensive and that guy properly understands the thinking behind modelling this sort of thing.

Likewise, check out Arrimus3D, and search his channel for car questions - he has many videos about how to solve difficult automotive curvature problems (he's in Max) but he is genuine topo master so well worth absorbing his tips.

Patch Modelling is what most people use to do this, but Cinema is rather limited in that respect, although you can re-purpose tools like Loft or Bezier Surface to achieve similar things. Or you can download the free Coons Mesh plugin from MAXON Labs, which can create patches based on intersecting splines. Or buy Spline patch, which is like that but a lot better.

CBR

• Topic Author
  • Thank you for your replies. Much appreciated. 

• Topic Author
  • Spline Patch seems like it will make the modelling process easier. I looked it up on YouTube.

Thank you.

Tsholo