Sign in to follow this  
marmalade

plugins R21

Ive just installed R21 and as usual I am having difficulty with the process of moving everything over from R20. I have created a path to the plugins folder located in users/app data/roaming/MAXON/MAXON cinema 4D R21/plugins.   I then copied  moved the plugins.  When I open R21 I cannot see the plugins menu above but I only see the CV toolbox ones in extensions.  Can someone please help me with this.  The mxon help page says create a folder anywhere but not in the same folder C4D is installed in then point to it in preferences.  This is exactly what I did.    So next I created a plugins folder in the old place ie program files/maxonr21.    When I open c4d my plugins are there.    Why does MAXON make me go through this process of placing in the prefs folder and pointing to it if it doesnt even work?  is there no longer a plugins menu?

In R20 and R21 you can put your plugins anywhere on your computer. Then from Edit->Preferences->Plugins set a path to the folder where you put your plugins. 

There is no longer a Plugins menu in R21.  It is now called Extensions.

Also be aware that R20 plugins will NOT work in R21. Some python ones may work. But everything else will need to be recompiled by the developers. You will also need to provide them with your new User ID or System ID for licensing. Contact the developers of the plugins for more details.

I made a video which goes over most of this. Just watch the first few minutes of this video...

At 0:30 it shows how to get your User ID and then at 1:30 it shows how to set your plugins location in the preferences. Note that my licensing system is for my own plugins, you will need to talk to the developers of your specific plugins to find out how they are now licensing theirs.

• Topic Author
  • 51 minutes ago, kbar said:

In R20 and R21 you can put your plugins anywhere on your computer. Then from Edit->Preferences->Plugins set a path to the folder where you put your plugins. 

There is no longer a Plugins menu in R21.  It is now called Extensions.

Also be aware that R20 plugins will NOT work in R21. Some python ones may work. But everything else will need to be recompiled by the developers. You will also need to provide them with your new User ID or System ID for licensing. Contact the developers of the plugins for more details.

I made a video which goes over most of this. Just watch the first few minutes of this video...

At 0:30 it shows how to get your User ID and then at 1:30 it shows how to set your plugins location in the preferences. Note that my licensing system is for my own plugins, you will need to talk to the developers of your specific plugins to find out how they are now licensing theirs.

hi, but as i said I did this and it doesnt work.  The plugins show up only after making a folder in the old location ie programs/MAXON/plugins

I can confirm Kent´s words. Since R20 you can have placed plugins where you want. Only needed to assign path to plugin folder (for c4d to know where to find it)

I have installed R20/R21 not in program files folder, also preferences folder isn´t in user/AppData etc. and works fine without any issues...

Friends from c4dnetwork has thread about current state of compatibility of some plugins:

https://c4dnetwork.com/board/threads/90468-R21-Plugin-Kompatibilitätsliste

I can add few compatible/updated to R21

EnhancedC4D parametric shaders created by Chris Montesano

all plugins from BlackStar Solutions (currently at2-sofware company)

Charbel´s Forester plugin and expansion packs

all Lazaros´s plugins (nitro4d) are ready for new users, for current users soon will be distributed...

• Topic Author
  • 13 hours ago, bezo said:

I can confirm Kent´s words. Since R20 you can have placed plugins where you want. Only needed to assign path to plugin folder (for c4d to know where to find it)

I have installed R20/R21 not in program files folder, also preferences folder isn´t in user/AppData etc. and works fine without any issues...

Friends from c4dnetwork has thread about current state of compatibility of some plugins:

https://c4dnetwork.com/board/threads/90468-R21-Plugin-Kompatibilitätsliste

I can add few compatible/updated to R21

EnhancedC4D parametric shaders created by Chris Montesano

all plugins from BlackStar Solutions (currently at2-sofware company)

Charbel´s Forester plugin and expansion packs

all Lazaros´s plugins (nitro4d) are ready for new users, for current users soon will be distributed...

What you are saying is not true for me. I tried and it didnt work. This is what I did so far-

1. placed plugins in users/app data/roaming/MAXON/MAXON R21/ plugins

2. pointed to location in prefs/plugins

3. only the CV toolbox plugins were appearing

4. created plugins folder in programme files/MAXON R21

5. moved the plugins not showing to this new folder. They then appeared without telling prefs where to find them

6. Tried placing all plugins in another folder on an external drive and pointing prefs to it.  None of them appeared.

Can you named those non functional plugins? Are they python or C++? Are they in list of compatible plugins fron c4dnetwork?

Are they free or commercial?

TFD plugin shows up under a plugins menu option next to extensions in R21 along with drop to floor

• Topic Author
  • 14 hours ago, bezo said:

Can you named those non functional plugins? Are they python or C++? Are they in list of compatible plugins fron c4dnetwork?

Are they free or commercial?

They arent non functional. They are working perfectly but they only show if I place them in the old location - programme files/MAXON/ plugins

On 9/21/2019 at 7:07 AM, marmalade said:

1. placed plugins in users/app data/roaming/MAXON/MAXON R21/ plugins

mmh, blind shot but... there is a space before the "plugins". Did you copy the above string from somewhere (either the path in the file browser or the prefs settings? Is there maybe a faulty space in either the path or the entry in the prefs? Did you set the path in the prefs by using the file browser?

If the paths are correctly set, it should work... if it still doesn't, you may need to contact MAXON about it.

• Topic Author
  • On 9/24/2019 at 6:44 AM, Cairyn said:

mmh, blind shot but... there is a space before the "plugins". Did you copy the above string from somewhere (either the path in the file browser or the prefs settings? Is there maybe a faulty space in either the path or the entry in the prefs? Did you set the path in the prefs by using the file browser?

If the paths are correctly set, it should work... if it still doesn't, you may need to contact MAXON about it.

No I didnt copy it I just typed it in here

btw, do you own X-Particles?