Sign in to follow this  
Silvercity

C4D R16 Selection Tool/OpenGL Bug

I have a weird Live Selection Tool problem that is related to enabling OpenGL in prefs (if disabled, problem goes away). The cursor leaves trails when selecting points/faces/edges. I've tried newest Nvidia drivers and rolling back to older ones and the problem persists. I don't have this problem on my Mac Pro with a GTX 570 card.

Specs:

- C4D R16

- Windows 10 Home 1903, 64-bit

- AMD Ryzen 3900X, latest AMD chipset drivers and Bios

- GTX 1050 Ti

C4D_R16_SelectionToolBug.jpg

Try doing a search on nVidia in the forums here. This has come up a few times over the years and solutions have been posted. Ironically my copy of R16 has started doing this. Must have been the latest nVidia driver that I installed.

• Topic Author
  • Thanks 3DKiwi. I did find a similar complaint by searching on Google for "ghosting of cursor" site:www.c4dcafe.com, but I get an error when I click the link. I'll keep looking.

I recall the solution is one of the settings in the nVidia display settings needs changing.

I had this exact issue in R15.

I posted a solution on here but it looks like the thread has been removed. I can't find it in my post history.

As 3DKiwi said, it's the nVidia control panel settings. I can't remember which ones that changed so I'll just post mine here again.

image.thumb.png.e40c555ef29d72f29590d51e824feaa7.png

image.thumb.png.9d120eef75cf20bfa025fd0d450b9575.png

image.png.7ad316eaa762a4c0d708a52d9b51681b.png

Actually I'm just realising that I don't know if this issue no longer appeared in R20/R21. So I can't say if my settings have reverted back to a default state.

It looks like all the bug threads have been removed that were posted before August

• Topic Author
  • Thanks, hobbyist! I'll update my drivers back to the most recent and see if I can figure out the correct settings.

Thanks for posting the settings. I've changed mine to these and the problem with the ghosting cursor has gone. Strange that only Cinema 4D has a problem with default nVidia settings.

13 hours ago, 3DKiwi said:

Thanks for posting the settings. I've changed mine to these and the problem with the ghosting cursor has gone. Strange that only Cinema 4D has a problem with default nVidia settings.

Yep it certainly is strange. I don't know if this is a very common issue because I couldn't find others reporting it before.

I must have experienced it when upgraded to R20 because that was in March of last year. It was September last year when I re-registered to this site and this issue was one of the first threads I created.

I've saved these screenshots to the cloud in case this thread is archived in future.

Also IIRC you need to undo the changes for Cinebench to work properly. It freezes at a certain point. This is why I don't think it's common, but I just thought it was my PC and worked with it for years.

• Topic Author
  • Thanks, hobbyist. My problem also was solved with your settings. I'm surprised I couldn't find more users with the same issue. My hardware/OS setup is really common.

10 hours ago, Silvercity said:

Thanks, hobbyist. My problem also was solved with your settings. I'm surprised I couldn't find more users with the same issue. My hardware/OS setup is really common.

I had this issue appear on my old setup and then on my new setup last year.

Just thinking now, the only thing not replaced between these two setups is my monitor which is an old DELL ST2410. Other than the monitor it doesn't make any sense for this to reoccur.