Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
jed

A math puzzle

Recommended Posts

We all know that sine is opposite over hypotenuse, and asin is the angle whose sine is <some number>, so what's asin of sine, if you plot it, ie

 

asin ( sin(30) ) etc

 

my gut instinct tells me one cancels the other, giving either a straight line or a point at (0, 0).

 

Turns out it's a triangle wave....

 

triangle2.c4d

 

slightly trig related, did you hear about the guy who wrote a book where the length of each word is the digits of pi Amazon.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The asin also known as the arcsin un-does what the sin does, but not exactly.  arcsin(sin(x)) would be a straignt line, but Sin gives an output between 1 and -1 thus archsin output is restricted to be between 90 and -90.  The straightness it should have mixed with the restriction gives it a sawtooth pattern.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish I studied math and phisics while I was younger, big mistake!


| MAXON Quality Assurance Specialist | 3D Asset Creatior | C4D Cafe Manager | Gamer in Heart | :compEnjoy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Topic Author
  • Speaking of math, I noticed a couple of improvements in R21.

     

    When making a bunch of similar sliders in user data, previously if you did it by copy, you ended up with things called Data (copy) (copy) (copy) (copy) (copy) (copy) etc. R21 leaves out the (copy) and lets you have items with the same name. Also the small irritation of the UD window closing if you accidently press enter before you're done no longer happens. In Python there was a bug where hitting enter sent the cursor to the left instead of the 4 space default - fixed in R21.

     

    Another minor change - if you make an object dynamic, it has 5% damping by default. Default bounce and friction values have changed (and are different for a floor object).

     

    PSR button in the GUI - I thought I'd invented that 😀

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    @jed there are so much of these small improvements in all aspects of Cinema C4D. Its a shame people dont like those or dont count those! 🙂  If that woud be the case, they would feel so much better about R21!!


    | MAXON Quality Assurance Specialist | 3D Asset Creatior | C4D Cafe Manager | Gamer in Heart | :compEnjoy:

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    6 hours ago, Igor said:

    @jed there are so much of these small improvements in all aspects of Cinema C4D. Its a shame people dont like those or dont count those! 🙂  If that woud be the case, they would feel so much better about R21!!

     

    On the contrary - I think most pro users really appreciate these small but significant improvements. Maybe MAXON should promote them more. Were they on the 'what's new in R21 list' ?

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    7 hours ago, Igor said:

    @jed there are so much of these small improvements in all aspects of Cinema C4D. Its a shame people dont like those or dont count those! 🙂  If that woud be the case, they would feel so much better about R21!!

    I count those a lot, but it doesn't offset the massive lack of updates or having to have to log in every 14 day and not being able to have infinite nodes with team render.  All of those things could be fixed by MAXON hiring more people and not being a greedy pain in our ass.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    12 hours ago, Fastbee said:

    I count those a lot, but it doesn't offset the massive lack of updates or having to have to log in every 14 day and not being able to have infinite nodes with team render.  All of those things could be fixed by MAXON hiring more people and not being a greedy pain in our ass.

    You are saying it like its that easy and like is my fault, which is far from the truth! I am not gonna go into this dicussion again, simply because I am not the one who is making any decisions but I am the one who can tell you how much work have gone into this release, so if you are not happy with the release, I am sorry to hear that, simply dont jump on R21 if its not for you. I guess your needs and mine are different.

    Now, I am not defending as its a simple bussines decision, was it wrong or good for the product, company etc. only time will tell...until then you can try making something positive from all of this or you can go over the forums, chase me and complain on every time I say I like something in R21. 😉 


    | MAXON Quality Assurance Specialist | 3D Asset Creatior | C4D Cafe Manager | Gamer in Heart | :compEnjoy:

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    2 hours ago, Igor said:

    You are saying it like its that easy and like is my fault, which is far from the truth! I am not gonna go into this dicussion again, simply because I am not the one who is making any decisions but I am the one who can tell you how much work have gone into this release, so if you are not happy with the release, I am sorry to hear that, simply dont jump on R21 if its not for you. I guess your needs and mine are different.

    Now, I am not defending as its a simple bussines decision, was it wrong or good for the product, company etc. only time will tell...until then you can try making something positive from all of this or you can go over the forums, chase me and complain on every time I say I like something in R21. 😉 

    I was defending the people that dislike r21.  Saying they do think about the positive and weigh them against the negatives. I said nothing about you.  I don't know what department you work for at MAXON.  I didn't even say anything bad about anyone that works at MAXON except maybe whoever it is that made the specific bad decisions I mentioned in my previous comment.

     

    I also don't track you down every time you say something positive.  I'm informed of new posts here because I posted answering the original question.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    @Fastbee then you have my apologie, I must have misread something!


    | MAXON Quality Assurance Specialist | 3D Asset Creatior | C4D Cafe Manager | Gamer in Heart | :compEnjoy:

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Join the conversation

    You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

    Guest
    Reply to this topic...

    ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

      Only 75 emoji are allowed.

    ×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

    ×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

    ×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

    Sign in to follow this  

    • Recently Browsing   0 members

      No registered users viewing this page.

    ×
    ×
    • Create New...