Sign in to follow this  
Adrien

Redshift- AMD GPU’s

Can someone from MAXON/redshift share an update on the development of Redshift for AMD GPU’s? Is the release still planned for 2019? 

Can you post any link as to where this was talked about being in development for 2019?  Iv not seen anything on this at all?

Dan

https://www.apple.com/uk/newsroom/2019/06/pro-app-developers-react-to-the-new-mac-pro-and-pro-display-xdr/

It's mentioned on the Apple website, but I'm sure I've seen it in numerous other places too.

My scepticism aside, I have to say the best place to ask about this would probably be on the Redshift forums…

Ahh yes, "Apple" with Metal. now I have see nsome talk on this not just general AMD compatibility.  I a PC guy.  Plenty of talk on RS forum about metal but not much official info on it.  This video porety much shows whats on the cards with a rough time frame.  https://on-demand.gputechconf.com/siggraph/2019/video/sig962-production-quality-final-frame-rendering-on-the-gpu/

Dan

I wonder whether Apple had any influence in MAXON buying Redshift…

I posted my question on this forum as I know that some MAXON folks, including their CEO, swing by every now and then. 

Yes they announced porting Redshift to Metal during the last Apple keynote, and aim at a release by the end of 2019. 

I’m just curious about how things are progressing. 

none of the official blogs have posted anything, so i guess just wait till redshift 3.0 is released, guess we will know more then. 

With the upcoming launch of the Mac Pro, can we expect an update from MAXON? I find it very strange that so little is shared on the progress made so far. Could it be that MAXON is tied by an NDA imposed by Apple?