Sign in to follow this  
Olly Venning

Mixamo / motion clips help needed

Hi all. I've been following this tutorial to combine Mixamo clips into a sequence:

In my case, I have an idle, then a 90 degree turn to the right, then a walk. However, when the walk clip plays, it does it from the wrong orientation- understandable as  thats the way the clip was made.

So, I tried rotating the null/group 90 degrees, but this doesn't work. I tried a few variations of rotating other bits of hierarchy, but no joy - I am a total beginner on character animation in c4d!

I'm sure I'm missing something very obvious, any help would be appreciated. My scene file was too big to upload, but there's a Dropbox link below; I realise my description might be a bit confusing!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lmblerdy6g5q03s/mix_motionclips.c4d?dl=0

Many thanks in advance!

Hi

You need to use Pivot object from either the animation menu or from the motion clip advanced properties.  You need to set a key for the pivot object and it needs to be added for each clip added or click the create keyframed pivot, in either case when you need to make changes to it you need to key it.  Also keep in mind that Mixamo gives you the option to mirror the actions so if he is turning the wrong direct you need to set this correct before you download the mixamo animation.

I did a comprehensive free video set on all this and more found on my Youtube channel.

Dan

• Topic Author
  • On 9/27/2019 at 8:37 PM, Rectro said:

Hi

You need to use Pivot object from either the animation menu or from the motion clip advanced properties.  You need to set a key for the pivot object and it needs to be added for each clip added or click the create keyframed pivot, in either case when you need to make changes to it you need to key it.  Also keep in mind that Mixamo gives you the option to mirror the actions so if he is turning the wrong direct you need to set this correct before you download the mixamo animation.

I did a comprehensive free video set on all this and more found on my Youtube channel.

Dan

Thanks so much Dan! I've been watching your you tube video and it's really helpful. Although I'm not new to 3D, I'm reasonably new to c4d, and I appreciate the way your video goes over some foundation stuff stuff too. Subscribed to your YT channel, many thanks for your contributions to the community 🙂

This forum has got to be one of the most helpful and friendly software forums I've come across, it really is appreciated.