Sign in to follow this  
VanderAGSN

Material UV Bake to UVW Tag

Hello. I've been looking for some way in C4D to create a quick UVW in realtime to create levels and other stuff. And I basically found it - when I apply material to a mesh - I give it a cubic projection in material atributes, and all the polygons present in the mesh generate just divine UV in the preview. RmUgYH6.png

But there is one problem - I do not know how to bake "material UV" in UVW tag, because what I get through UVW Tag --> Set From Projection is not the same unfortunately..

And here are two screenshots that I get with UV Material scan and scan that I get after generating UVW

P8MS3QD.png

With Cubic UV Projection in Material

z4f6MmG.png

And from UVW Tag --> Set From Projection

There is only one question. How to make UV Material to bake in the UVW? 

In fact Cinema 4D lacks the tools with UVW for excellent work, for example when you continue the UV polygon with the same scale and continuation as in the selected polygon. But this can be done mostly only in game editors like Source SDK Hammer Editor or ProBuilder in Unity. So yeah, I really hope that this is something you can do, as this will greatly facilitate the work in creating a very huge blockouts and overall mesh. Thanks

• Topic Author
  • Hah, solved by this

j1WquBL.png

Please use the cafe's image upload system to upload images rather than embedding from elsewhere.

You need Generate UV co-ordinates from the r-click menu (as I now see you have subsequently discovered !). However the danger when using Cubic mapping with models that have faces at angles of 45 degrees is that you force the software to arbitrarily decide which of the planar mappings those faces will get, and whichever it chooses will be a) not your choice and b) wrong anyway because neither plane is suitable for distortion-free mapping a 45 degree angle.

CBR

• Topic Author
  • Yeah!)

For some reason I have problems with embedding images via c4dcafe embedding, so I'm using imgur for now

2 minutes ago, VanderAGSN said:

For some reason I have problems with embedding images via c4dcafe embedding, so I'm using imgur for now

Oh ? What sort of problems ?

CBR

• Topic Author
  • About 45 degrees of distortion I know, but Relax UV making for ready UV is much easier than doing the projection, select cut, and then pin vertices to polygons to remain in their place

3 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Oh ? What sort of problems ?

CBR

When I upload a screenshot via "paste" - it's loaded many times longer, and sometimes it does not appear in the "attachments", and when I insert it again - it appears, and after the publication of the post I see duplicates of this image. It's a little annoying that there is no when I paste pictures with hosting Imgur

2 minutes ago, VanderAGSN said:

It's a little annoying that there is no when I paste pictures with hosting Imgur

It's the difference between a small amount of delay for you, and the rest of us having to call 3 external links to tiny images that we all have to click multiple times to see larger, and all appear in separate tabs making trying to compare between them somewhere  between difficult and nigh on impossible ! You can avoid the small delay by just saving your images and uploading them rather than pasting them directly.

CBR

• Topic Author
  • 1 minute ago, Cerbera said:

It's the difference between a small amount of delay for you, and the rest of us having to call 3 external links to tiny images that we all have to click multiple times to see larger, and all appear in separate tabs making trying to compare between them somewhere  between difficult and nigh on impossible ! You can avoid the small delay by just saving your images and uploading them rather than pasting them directly.

CBR

Okay, I'll know now) Thanks