Sign in to follow this  

• Topic Author
  • @Cerberayoure going to heaven if it exists!! Thank you!!

4 hours ago, AlexisB said:

@Cerberayoure going to heaven if it exists!! Thank you!!

Lols, it doesn't, but you're welcome 🙂

CBR

• Topic Author
  • Update: although the animation from beginning to end is what im aiming for, the Metaball is making the object shape consisting of small balls instead of one slimy line.

This is a recording of how its looking:

Is there a place in the Metaball where i can add more spheres in the metaball's shape to create one consistent line? or maybe i should put the MoSpline under something other than Metaball? Notice how i increased the subdivision points on the Spline hoping this would get the line to be more flowy, but still the end result doesnt look like a smooth slimy line

173863469_ScreenShot2019-10-04at2_08_57PM.thumb.png.1cb962d78e9747905dd9bfcefcca83ea.png

• Topic Author
  • anyone can help with this?

Did you tried simple sweep? When watching on video, there are simple static objects projected on the face and animated is just offset.

With sweep you could adjust thickness of objects over the length, animate start/end grow parameter etc. Timeline/f-curves offer another level of animation.

If it looks too much "parametric", for profile spline set small amount of sides and put everything under SDS. Path spline after projection on the face slightly offset against face if needed...

something_on_the_face.zip

• Topic Author
  • The main thing is that i want it to look slimy, look alive instead of the sharpness and definition and lifelessness of Sweep..

This movement and form here is quite on point:

1411965745_Growmeta.thumb.gif.83cb2f41bb8c209bbb56ee9aeaff2e60.thumb.gif.9d3e7fff60be81a009a14411ce2fa7ea.gif

Btw you laid the Sweeps on the face by doing Projection on surface?

So, maybe way with spline wrap with animation of more parameters will look similar...

(just basic animation in example)

something_on_the_face_0001.zip

• Topic Author
  • Oh ! its super easy, just watched a tutorial on Spline Wrap and yup, the Offset thing does it perfectly!

One more question: If i want the slimy spline to lay on a surface object correctly like a face, i should use the Surface Deformer, but i should place the Surface layer where exactly? And i link the Surface to the Metaball or the raw Spline?

Thanks a lot!

716607423_ScreenShot2019-11-09at8_52_49PM.thumb.png.b9082369383261601c634c5a73930f86.png

I was used "non-parametric" way. Simply selected spline painted in front of the face and projected to mesh in actual view.

(Adjust view as you want to project spline, draw spline in front of the mesh and apply command Character/Commands/Project object.  Spline will be projected in current/actual view/angle. For best  projection results use uniform spline interpolation.

When you click on wheel next this command, you can set/adjust different projection related commands with Shift/Ctrl buttons for later use...)

• Topic Author
  • thanks a lot @bezo