Sign in to follow this  
thanulee

Portable device for c4d

Hello,
Are there any recommendations about something light and portable for c4d? I own a razer 15 laptop, very powerful but its quite heavy. I like to work in bed a lot before i go to sleep.

I dont need to do renders or heavy XP work. I just mostly expand my c4d knowledge with rnd. So i could even use a tablet with touch if something is worth it. I dont mind if its expensive as long as its light and working well with C4D ( cause my friend owns a surface and when in c4d, the keyboard popup doesnt appear at all.)
Any suggestions? Thanks

Hi

Before I got a gaming laptop which is heavy I used a Lenovo Yoga 3, 2 in 1 laptop, 14" touch screen.  This was the intel i7 model and for the most part done very well.  Its shortfall was the GFX card, it didn't have a dedicated one.  While you dont want to do rendering now, there will be times when part of that expanding your knowledge will be in material and lighting.  Iv got used to having the gaming laptop in use in bed.

Here are a few laptops that come under the thin lightweight ones.  You will want to check reviews as I havent used any o these.

Top end:

ASUS ROG Zephyrus S GX531GX Gaming Laptop  2.1kg

Dell XPS 15 2-in-1. Making power portable.  1.8kg  (I had a Del XPS 1530 for some years, was high built quality)

True portable:

LENOVO Yoga 730 15.6" Intel® Core™ i7 2 in 1 Laptop - 256 GB SSD ( simular to mine, but much more powerful)

Dan

• Topic Author
  • Thank u very much i will check those. Do u know if this keyboard problem exists in those devices?
    In microsoft surface when i press on a numeric field on c4d (eg. i go to change the FPS in project settings) I can only use the pen to scroll for the value i want and i cant direct type a numeric one.

I do not know for them devices, but both my Lenovo and CyberpowerPC laptop does not have that issue. 

Dan

• Topic Author
  • Thanks Dan, one last q: 8bg ram is sufficient u think?