Sign in to follow this  
Gregor

Record Camera Movement - 3D Mouse

Hey all!

I'm trying to create a "fly through" camera without keyframing it, but with using my 3D space mouse. Unfortunately it seems like Cappucino doesn't recognise the movement of my 3D mouse, so it won't work this way. Is there any other way you guys can think of?

Best, Gregor

Hmm, just tried it with CollieMouse (my own driver for the 3Dconnexion Space Mouse) but it doesn't work either since Cappuccino (menu says Cappuccino, dialog says Cappucino, whyyyy....) demands that I click the mouse in the viewport.

I could build some auto-recording for the active camera into CollieMouse - a new R21 release is coming up anyway; should not be too difficult.

Any CollieMouse users around here? Or SpaceMouse users who would like to give the alternative a try? Is there interest for such a functionality?

• Topic Author
  • Hey @Cairyn,

first time I hear about CollieMouse! I'd be super happy, if you'd implement that in your R21 release.

Where would I buy/try your driver? Is there a download link somewhere?

Thanks for getting back to me! 🙂

Best,

Gregor

13 hours ago, Gregor said:

first time I hear about CollieMouse! I'd be super happy, if you'd implement that in your R21 release.

Where would I buy/try your driver? Is there a download link somewhere?

Yeah, I offered it on a different forum (wasn't really active here in the past) so you may have missed it. It's been around since R14 or so.

Forgot to ask: are you on PC or Mac? CollieMouse only exists for PC, as the windows messaging and 3Dconnexion driver stuff is highly system dependent.

CollieMouse supports turntable rotation, selective limitation of axes, selective redraw, full support for the 3D mouse buttons and circular menus, it handles C4D workplanes correctly and takes the manual pivot into account.

As there are a few weaknesses I was never able to eliminate, I offer this to interested people for free (drop me a note and I send you one). At the moment there is only an older manual but I'm going to rewrite this (probably this month).