Sign in to follow this  
GSwartz

c4d for furniture modeling

I recently had to model this piece of furniture for a client.  It was a pain in the butt, especially when it came to the folds around the front of the arms and around the top sides.  I'm just starting to play with marvelous designer in hopes that it would make these kinds of models easier or faster to create.  I'm finding so far that it's fine for creating simple pillows and cushions, but beyond that doesn't really make it any easier or faster than just regular poly modeling.  So, I'm wondering if any of you with a decent amount of experience with c4d's cloth tools think that it can do the job?  Thanks.

Is that a dynamic model? If not, I would just use sculpting to add the folds.

Defining any kind of cloth structure and behavior seems a bit like overkill for static objects.

• Topic Author
  • 8 minutes ago, Cairyn said:

Is that a dynamic model? If not, I would just use sculpting to add the folds.

Defining any kind of cloth structure and behavior seems a bit like overkill for static objects.

No it's not dynamic.  That was what I ended up doing was sculpting in the details, but with as time consuming as it was, it still didn't look that realistic.  I was just hoping for a better solution.  Thanks.

i agree, seems overkill to simulate any of this... just model the basic shape and then use the sculpt tools for the finer details like folds and seams.

Cinema's cloth functionality is not really suitable for this. I too would have gone with model then sculpt...

CBR