Sign in to follow this  
Beefdoctor

R21 Bug?

I was recently contacted by someone with a rather interesting question regarding the file I've attached to this post. It seems that if you open this file in R20 and hit play, everything behaves as it should do, but, if you open it up with R21 and hit play, nothing happens. I've even reconstructed this setup from scratch to make sure it's not a problem with the file, and i'm getting the same results. Is this a bug with R21 or am I missing something?

Any insight would be appreciated.

Test.c4d

I get it playing in r21 but the plane effector is not working which I think is down the difference between r20 and r21 setup.  In r21 for the plane falloff there is an additional component as a child of the delay, a effect  strength, this may be the cause of that part not working, but the simulation plays fine here.

Dan

• Topic Author
  • 7 minutes ago, Rectro said:

I get it playing in r21 but the plane effector is not working which I think is down the difference between r20 and r21 setup.  In r21 for the plane falloff there is an additional component as a child of the delay, a effect  strength, this may be the cause of that part not working, but the simulation plays fine here.

Dan

Hi Dan, thanks for the response.

Sorry, I should have been a bit clearer in my original statement. In R21, the simulation of the bouncing spheres plays fine, just as it does in R20, the problem appears to be the plane effector not using Cloner.1's point information being stored in the mograph cache.

If it helps, the individual that contacted me has sent a link to the video he was trying to mimic. I'll post it here in the hope it offers some further insight.

1 minute ago, Beefdoctor said:

Hi Dan, thanks for the response.

Sorry, I should have been a bit clearer in my original statement. In R21, the simulation of the bouncing spheres plays fine, just as it does in R20, the problem appears to be the plane effector not using Cloner.1's point information being stored in the mograph cache.

If it helps, the individual that contacted me has sent a link to the video he was trying to mimic. I'll post it here in the hope it offers some further insight.

Ahh  see, Il follow that video and see whats going on if I can.  I may be a bug like you say in which case I can report it once iv had a look.

Dan

• Topic Author
  • 5 minutes ago, Rectro said:

Ahh  see, Il follow that video and see whats going on if I can.  I may be a bug like you say in which case I can report it once iv had a look.

Dan

Much appreciated buddy, I had a good look and couldn't see what the issue was, so I thought, C4DCafe to the rescue! lololol

Yup got same result building it from scratch.  Its certainly looking at the plane effector not working with the cloner object.

Il report this right away.

Dan

bounce balls r21.c4d

• Topic Author
  • 8 minutes ago, Rectro said:

Yup got same result building it from scratch.  Its certainly looking at the plane effector not working with the cloner object.

Il report this right away.

Dan

bounce balls r21.c4d 1.17 MB · 0 downloads

Thank you. Something else to consider, the plane effector might not be the issue, the issue might be the Mograph cache is not being seen, or is not passing information onto the Point Object Field Layer, just a thought.

17 minutes ago, Beefdoctor said:

Thank you. Something else to consider, the plane effector might not be the issue, the issue might be the Mograph cache is not being seen, or is not passing information onto the Point Object Field Layer, just a thought.

Yes it does look to be either plane effector or the Mograph cache.  I tried as im sure you did to redo the cache once its all built up, and it changes nothing.  Iv reported it with this info, thanks for sharing this.

Dan