Sign in to follow this  
ChrisMyatt

Content Browser Over Network on Macs+TR

Hey there, 

I'm looking to set up a Networked content browser in my studio, Over 8 Macs, I have currently been able to share a content library, by creating a symbolic link to the content browser which is stored on the network. 

I am now looking for the process in which i can provide the content browser models with direct Texture paths. Currently by default, the content browser produces a preset:// Location for textures and this means that when using team render, you get an error message back saying missing textures, as TR can't locate this preset folder. 

Brainwave.. Do i need to set up the symbolic link on the TR application as well? (Will try this tomorrow)

• Topic Author
  • The brainwave was correct. We run a duplicate of R20 as a render application, so that we can use the power of DR whilst we are doing work on our machines. Its probably not of much use two those on the forum, but i created a symbolic link for the duplicate app and it recognises the preset path now. So anything saved to the content browser can be used over DR without it throwing back a missing texture error.