Allanonamon

Putting Object Back On A Level Plane.

I need to know if there is an easy way to get my object back exactly on a level working plane. I moved the object a few degrees to adjust something but have trouble to see if I have put it back exactly as it was. Is there something I can do to get the object back to exactly 0 degrees?

You need the coordinates manager, just under the main viewport, where you can enter numerical values, and hit Apply.

Or you could do Shift+C, find Reset PSR and do that instead...

• Topic Author
  • Hi Cerbera

Thanks for the reply. 

Is it possible to type in which amount of degrees I want the object to be on. When I type in the values at the moment I can only type a value to move the object more or less, but not to a point I want it to be. I don't have a reference as to what degree of tilt the object currently has. Is there a way I can see this?

Thanks 

28 minutes ago, Allanonamon said:

Is it possible to type in which amount of degrees I want the object to be on. When I type in the values at the moment I can only type a value to move the object more or less, but not to a point I want it to be.

Yes. In the Coordinates Manager (default Mode Obj Abs) values are absolute, so if you want an object to be at 90 degrees on P (in relation to its parent object if it has one, or to World Space if it doesn't) then you'd type 90 in the P Rotation Field, and that is what its angle would become....

That same manager should be showing you what angle it is at now like in the example below. The plane is rotated 45 degrees on B and that is exactly what the Coordinates manager reports....

image.thumb.png.32a3e02a4ed34e0b019cb3c69f83deca.png

CBR

drop to floor plug-in still works with R21

Could be used command "Align Selection to Workplane" from  locked workplane palette on the left side of viewport.

Benefit of using this command is reset rotation/keeping position instead of command Reset PSR where everything goes to world zero coordinates...