Sign in to follow this  
SKaiser

Offset animation in character builder

Hi there,

I'm using character builder to create a cascading animation rig. My client wants a 'panels unfolding animation' that is customisable and tweakable. I've used character builder to create a system where a user can place panels adjacent to each other where they see fit. As for the unfolding , I would like this to cascade across the panels. currently all animations starts and ends at the same time (as each component has animation starting at 0 on timeline and ending at frame 20)

Is there anyway that  I can use character builder to offset the animation of each component (say by 10 frames each time the component is added) so they don't all shoot off at the same time?

Thanks for your help!

Probably possible, but wouldn't it be easier to create a MoGraph based rig?

Free C4D trainings from MAXON professional on our youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/c4dcafe

• Topic Author
  • I've almost got it using Motion Builder, I just need to offset the animation. Using mopgraph doesn't lend itself well to be given to someone who doesn't know C4d well in my experience.

I think character builder can have built in xpresso.  Using xpresso it should be easy to say this panel should wait x frames before falling.

11 hours ago, SKaiser said:

I've almost got it using Motion Builder, I just need to offset the animation. Using mopgraph doesn't lend itself well to be given to someone who doesn't know C4d well in my experience.

I would still argue it is way easier using MoGraph. You can create front end with simple controls for easy use. Maybe you can share a screenshot or short video of what you are after, then we can offer solutions :)

Free C4D trainings from MAXON professional on our youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/c4dcafe