Sign in to follow this  
Hrvoje

C4D Cafe - important notice!

• Topic Author
  • We removed content, that is why view count seems lower and channel is few months old. It would be hard indeed to record all the trainings again in newer versions...

Free C4D trainings from MAXON professional on our youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/c4dcafe

In my experience c4d tutorials cannot earn one a living on youtube. It could be some extra beer money, but the natural cap of audience numbers is 100,000-200,000 c4d users. Realistically this will mean 50,000 views per video at best. These sorts of numbers just aren't high enough.

I agree with Mash. My suggestion would be to have free tutorials on your YouTube channel then a few low priced tutorials available for sale on Gumroad.

I hear to make it on youtube you have to have about 1 million views on 2 videos per week.  A single video with a million gives pennies.  It's the constant views from lots of people frequently that get the money.  This makes it impossible for tutorials to make it on youtube.  This is why I suggest Patreon.  This way people can give X dollars per video that is produced.  So lets say you get like 1000 people to pledge $1 per tutorial produced.  That is $1000.  Not bad for a tutorial.  If they donate more you can let them choose what the next tutorial will be about.  Have a tier where they can get a 30 min. private session asking questions on skype.  There could be a lot of tiers with different things.

• Topic Author
  • Patreon is not an option, since there are some limits for my country both from their side and local laws. We will find a solution 🙂

Free C4D trainings from MAXON professional on our youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/c4dcafe

Sad maybe It was not a good idea to abandon loyal customers like me 🙄 who paid for the tranings you made. Going free was not the best idea C4D cafe had. Time to think about a good idea for the future.