Sign in to follow this  
BIgor

Mixamo/MotionClip Problem

Hello, if you have 3 minutes to spare please watch this video in which I explain my problem. THX very Much in advance... ūüėĄ

Hi

Its realy down to getting the workflow down right.  You dont want to be changing or adding the hierarchy in any way once you add a motion clip. I prefer to work in animate layout where its all in front of you.  If you wish to move the whole  character after a motion clip has been added to select clip, go to Advanced Tab and click on Create Pivot, or Create key-framed Pivot.  You can now animate the pivot without messing up the clips animation, or having to move it to a null.  If you realy want the rig in a better structure then you can convert the clip back to keys, add the joints to a null, I use the Alt + make null so it takes on the same pivot position. Then add it back to a clip again.  You could before doing that delete all keys from the joints you wish before making a clip.

I do see the same issue when I tested this, but I haven't come across this before as I adopt the workflow mentioned above. 

Dan

• Topic Author
  • 46 minutes ago, Rectro said:

Hi

Its realy down to getting the workflow down right.  You dont want to be changing or adding the hierarchy in any way once you add a motion clip. I prefer to work in animate layout where its all in front of you.  If you wish to move the whole  character after a motion clip has been added to select clip, go to Advanced Tab and click on Create Pivot, or Create key-framed Pivot.  You can now animate the pivot without messing up the clips animation, or having to move it to a null.  If you realy want the rig in a better structure then you can convert the clip back to keys, add the joints to a null, I use the Alt + make null so it takes on the same pivot position. Then add it back to a clip again.  You could before doing that delete all keys from the joints you wish before making a clip.

I do see the same issue when I tested this, but I haven't come across this before as I adopt the workflow mentioned above.

Dan

THX a lot, Most of the problems solved, one remaining, if you can please take a look here... ūüėĄ¬† ¬†

Ok forget last message.  Its a mess.  It looks like there is a series of errors done along the way and its coming from the rig being put into a null after its been baked down, not working.  You realy need to get the order in place in the first place.  Have everything in nulls as intended before you start animating, only adding constraints on objects that have been frozen.  I cannot get the joints to work with the new offset, its acting like a double transform even if the null is the same location and orientation as the root joint.

Dan

• Topic Author
  • 9 minutes ago, Rectro said:

By the looks of it the constraints offset is having issues.  If you post the file Il take a look.

Dan

I tried to send it to you in a PM, but for some reason you can not receive messages...? 

20 minutes ago, BIgor said:

I tried to send it to you in a PM, but for some reason you can not receive messages...? 

Thats odd, I should have unlimited space as a monthly contributor?  Il contact @Igor see if he can sort it.  For now try dropbox.

Dan

• Topic Author
  • 10 hours ago, Rectro said:

Thats odd, I should have unlimited space as a monthly contributor?  Il contact @Igor see if he can sort it.  For now try dropbox.

Dan

I did, I wanted to send you a dropbox link but I get an error message saying that you can not receive messages... 

rec pic.png

Seems my message is limited to 50 which was maxed out, try now.

Dan

Ok forget last message.  Its a mess.  It looks like there is a series of errors done along the way and its coming from the rig being put into a null after its been baked down, not working.  You realy need to get the order in place in the first place.  Have everything in nulls as intended before you start animating, only adding constraints on objects that have been frozen.  I cannot get the joints to work with the new offset, its acting like a double transform even if the null is the same location and orientation as the root joint.

Dan

• Topic Author
  • 1 hour ago, Rectro said:

Dan

Ok, I guess i can make it work the way it is now, with the NULL at the Zero XYZ, can you maybe write down the order that I need to focus on the next time I do something like this? 

For example how would the order of things look like in this Iron Man scene...? 

Here is a good workflow.

1: Make model or import it.  check to optimise it in case some random points are left behind. check Us, and make sure each seperate part has its own centre axis.

2: Freeze transforms.  Put the pivot at the feet of the character with Z axis point backwards.  In your file case all flaps where not frozen hence you cant revert them back to T pose for character.

3:  Export complete character with all parts, flaps in this case included.  This way everything gets weighted together, no need for constraints, although you can.

4: Selected all objects freeze it all.

5: Hold Alt with root joint selected and make a NULL, then add all meshes to it or in another NULL named "Meshes".

6: Select T posed rig make a motion clip, import flying animation  without mesh  add it to the Null that the Tpose rigis in and make a motion clip, delete flying animation rig after.

7: Go into Timeline remove Tpose clip and add the flying one.  You have T pose clip in case you wish to go back to base Tpose again for instance if you need to fix weighting.

File sent in PM. I moved the parts in rough position, but you get idea.

Dan

• Topic Author
  • 5 minutes ago, Rectro said:

Here is a good workflow.

1: Make model or import it.  check to optimise it in case some random points are left behind. check Us, and make sure each seperate part has its own centre axis.

2: Freeze transforms.  Put the pivot at the feet of the character with Z axis point backwards.  In your file case all flaps where not frozen hence you cant revert them back to T pose for character.

3:  Export complete character with all parts, flaps in this case included.  This way everything gets weighted together, no need for constraints, although you can.

4: Selected all objects freeze it all.

5: Hold Alt with root joint selected and make a NULL, then add all meshes to it or in another NULL named "Meshes".

6: Select T posed rig make a motion clip, import flying animation  without mesh  add it to the Null that the Tpose rigis in and make a motion clip, delete flying animation rig after.

7: Go into Timeline remove Tpose clip and add the flying one.  You have T pose clip in case you wish to go back to base Tpose again for instance if you need to fix weighting.

File sent in PM. I moved the parts in rough position, but you get idea.

Dan

Thank you very much ūüėĄ